“Taking Rude to a new level!”
Review of White Gull Inn

White Gull Inn
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Fish Creek
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Award-winning restaurant open to the public. Winner of Good Morning America's Best Breakfast Award. Sumptuous lunches, candlelight dinners and famous for traditional Door County whitefish boils. Open all year.
Reviewed October 10, 2011

These people are truly the rudest, inhospitable around. we have stayed in their lovely inn before. We have eaten breakfast at the restaurant several times. Yes, we endured the wait for what is otherwise a diner breakfast because it's the "thing to do" in Door County. Reviews, ads, Good Morning America, and all the other hype aside, there's nothing special going on here. This weekend (sunday at 9:30am) we were quoted a 2.5 hour wait!! can you believe? that's just stupid. Just tell us "I'm sorry we're full for today", or "we're not taking any more wait list". We would understand. That would be fine. But the arrogance that permeates because they think they have something here that no one else can create... it just seethes from this place. You don't wait 2.5 hrs for any restaurant. Besides that would be lunch or brunch at best. Save yourself trouble, go to Julie's Park Cafe or the Cookery or the Summertime all right in town. They all have good breakfasts. And if you can't get cherry stuffed french toast, just buy yourself some nice cherry pie filling and make it when you get home, just like they do.

4  Thank jgdcil
Write a ReviewReviews (1,160)

Reviewed October 9, 2011

fish boil is also a great choice. Nice place. Always busy. Make dinner reservations if you can.

Reviewed October 7, 2011

This was our first visit to Door County. White Gull Inn was suggested to us as a great place to experience our first fish boil. It was a fun experience beginning with the outdoor patio fish boil to dining on the fish, potatoes and pie in the charming Inn. Don't miss the sunset at nearby Sunset Beach.

Reviewed September 21, 2011

My husband and I went here for breakfast this past weekend with our 11-month old son based on the positive reviews we had seen. While I wouldn't rate this as the best breakfast I've ever had, it was definately good. The cherry preserves were yummy.
The waitress was nice and very sweet to our son. She kept the drinks refilled, and our food was brought out fairly quickly. This is always your hope when you bring your baby out amongst adults. I must admit that the outward appearance made us a little nervous to bring him in as it didn't look as family friendly. However, it was a good experience. I was surprised that other diners were really friendly as well (no eye rolls).
The ambience was cozy, and I loved the wood plank ceilings.
I don't know that I would seek it out again if we're in the area again, but I wouldn't turn it down either.

Reviewed September 18, 2011

Another excellent visit. Had breakfast with a nice fluffly omelette, wife had the french toast. (a bit hung-over and Fuzzy from Fuzzy's the previous night!) And fish boil that evening too. Great place, upscale but casual. Have to make this a stop when in the Door.

1  Thank Downtown42