“Great food, atmosphere, and service”

The Cookery Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #5 of 36 Restaurants in Fish Creek
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Description: The Cookery is a family run restaurant and wine bar in Fish Creek since 1977. Serving "fresh food, expertly prepared" (Midwest Living, Best of the Midwest). Our menu features American fare with a creative twist, all menu items are made from start to finish in our kitchen. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served daily. Also offering a nice selection of vegetarian entrees and gluten free items.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I ate lunch here. The food is fresh and creative. I had the wild caught salmon sandwich. The pesto and the tartar sauce were fantastic. The potato salad was homemade! My husband got a burger and it was cooked to order. You can't go wrong here.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

After a day of wine tasting and shopping we ended the evening at The Cookery. We ended up having dinner in the Wine Bar area as were not looking a full meal. The food was good and they had Laguintas on tap which was a plus++++. Service was a little slow to start off as there were not many people at the Wine Bar and we had to stop someone to take our order. After that service was great and attentive. Very cute inside!

Reviewed May 26, 2014

This was my first time eating at The Cookery and I was very impressed! The menu offered a wide variety of choices, including some great gluten-free options. The potato salad is homemade and excellent. I would strongly recommend the perch sandwich for lunch. My family and I all gave our lunch a big thumbs up. The atmosphere is very nice along with the service. The next time I'm back in Door County, I'll definitely be stopping at The Cookery!

1  Thank 149nc20
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We always have breakfast here when visiting Door County. The portions are very generous and everything is fresh. Try the cherry jam! It's house-made and very good. Many of their offerings are locally sourced.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

If you want to pay extremely high prices, for bland food, then this is the place for you. We were here for breakfast shortly after they opened on a Sunday morning. The service is outstanding. Our coffee cups were refilled as soon as we took a few sips. The breakfast itself - bland and boring. I think my scrambled eggs had not a speck of seasoning put into them, not even salt, and they were overcooked. I had to use hot sauce to give them some flavor. The entire breakfast is priced at about double what it should be for what you get. The owner seems eager to please. There is a much better place in Fish Creek to go for breakfast.

caskare00, Owner at The Cookery Restaurant & Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Thank you for your compliments of our service; however, we are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your eggs and appreciate your feedback about your breakfast. We have always been very health conscious when creating our menu. Back in the 1980s, Carol was one of the first restauranteurs in the area to have The Cookery's menu analyzed by Door County Memorial Hospital for salt and fat content. We continue this practice today and do not season with any extra salt.

We feel that our menu is priced competitively with other comparable restaurants in Door County. We strive to bring local, organic products to our customer's plate. We also make everything on our menu from scratch, from the house made jams and sauces to our freshly baked breads and bakery. The pricing of our menu is reflective of these efforts.

We have many other menu items that may be more to your liking, we hope you will consider trying our restaurant again on a future visit to Fish Creek.