“Good Place”

The Cookery Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #3 of 33 Restaurants in Fish Creek
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Description: The Cookery is a family run restaurant and wine bar in Fish Creek since 1977. Serving "fresh food, expertly prepared" (Midwest Living, Best of the Midwest). Our menu features American fare with a creative twist, all menu items are made from start to finish in our kitchen. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served daily. Also offering a nice selection of vegetarian entrees and gluten free items.
The Villages, Florida
“Good Place”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We had dinner there with friends. The food was good. The service excellent. Our waitress, Kersten? was just outstanding. Our food and drinks arrived quickly. Questions asked got quick answers and we had a great time.

Visited October 2013

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Fantastic food in a lovely restaurant”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband and I ate out only one night during our Door County stay. Based on reviews we chose the Cookery. They use locally sourced ingredients and everything is made in their kitchen. Everything was very fresh and wonderfully prepared. I ordered the scallops on fresh spinanch and it was a gastranomical delight! Service was good. It was a warm evening so we chose to sit out on the patio. The restaurant has very tasteful contemporary decor. Make sure to read the background on the restaurant ... very interesting.

• Visited September 2013
Bloomington, Minnesota
“Good food and service”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

My sisters and I were on a trip to Door County and went here for our last dinner in town. The prices were a little high, but the food and service was good. The restaurant is very nicely laid out and the booth we sat it was very comfortable and gave us enough privacy for a nice conversation. We had the brie and whitefish spread. The only thing I would say about the food was that they may want to check their seasonings a bit. There was a distinct lack of seasoning in much of the food we ate and I would have liked to see a bit more attention paid to that, but things were well prepared otherwise. I rarely ever salt my food because I don't like things salty, but I had to salt a few things to give it some flavor. Otherwise a good experience.

Siesta Key, Florida
“Very good food for a tourist area”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We visited with friends while vacationing in Door County. The place is not very big and we got the last table for 4. The food was good, but not memorable. I am writing this review about a week after eating there and I can't recall the specifics of our meals other than 3 of us ordered walleye which was good. Our server was also right on top of things and excellent.

• Visited October 2013
Grayslake, Illinois
“Drinks at the wine bar and dinner in the main restaurant”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The upstairs wine bar has a great view of Fish Creek harbor and a lovely balcony. Great service. We dined in the main dining room and our food was very good but not fabulous. They had a good selection of unusual dishes to suit every taste.

Visited September 2013