“Good food and service”

The Cookery Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #3 of 32 Restaurants in Fish Creek
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Cookery is a family run restaurant and wine bar in Fish Creek since 1977. Serving "fresh food, expertly prepared" (Midwest Living, Best of the Midwest). Our menu features American fare with a creative twist, all menu items are made from start to finish in our kitchen. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served daily. Also offering a nice selection of vegetarian entrees and gluten free items.
Bloomington, Minnesota
“Good food and service”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

My sisters and I were on a trip to Door County and went here for our last dinner in town. The prices were a little high, but the food and service was good. The restaurant is very nicely laid out and the booth we sat it was very comfortable and gave us enough privacy for a nice conversation. We had the brie and whitefish spread. The only thing I would say about the food was that they may want to check their seasonings a bit. There was a distinct lack of seasoning in much of the food we ate and I would have liked to see a bit more attention paid to that, but things were well prepared otherwise. I rarely ever salt my food because I don't like things salty, but I had to salt a few things to give it some flavor. Otherwise a good experience.

Siesta Key, Florida
“Very good food for a tourist area”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We visited with friends while vacationing in Door County. The place is not very big and we got the last table for 4. The food was good, but not memorable. I am writing this review about a week after eating there and I can't recall the specifics of our meals other than 3 of us ordered walleye which was good. Our server was also right on top of things and excellent.

• Visited October 2013
Grayslake, Illinois
“Drinks at the wine bar and dinner in the main restaurant”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The upstairs wine bar has a great view of Fish Creek harbor and a lovely balcony. Great service. We dined in the main dining room and our food was very good but not fabulous. They had a good selection of unusual dishes to suit every taste.

Visited September 2013
siesta key florida
“A great find”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This restaurant has something for everyone. There were 2 menus, one for dinner and one for a more informal type of dining. We opted for the dinner menu and we're glad we did. I had the vegetable shish kabob and it was excellent. The others had fish that they all enjoyed. The cherry cobbler is a must. Service was perfect.id definitively go back again

• Visited September 2013
Milwaukee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Delicious food and nice atmosphere. A little small so you were close to the other diners, but most restaurants here seem that way. I had the ribeye special which was the tastiest steak I've had in awhile. My girlfriend had some chili which was very delicious. Prices were actually reasonable considering the quality.

Visited September 2013