“Great breakfast!”

The Cookery Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #3 of 34 Restaurants in Fish Creek
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Description: The Cookery is a family run restaurant and wine bar in Fish Creek since 1977. Serving "fresh food, expertly prepared" (Midwest Living, Best of the Midwest). Our menu features American fare with a creative twist, all menu items are made from start to finish in our kitchen. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served daily. Also offering a nice selection of vegetarian entrees and gluten free items.
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We love breakfast at the Cookery! Their omelets are fantastic and they are always happy to let you choose what you want in them if it differs from the menu. Their homemade applesauce and pumpkin bread are wonderful, as are the pancakes. Good coffee, too. Always look forward to returning.

There are newer reviews for The Cookery Restaurant & Wine Bar

Reviewed October 14, 2012

There wasn't much to not like at the Cookery. My husband & I both had an amazing breakfast that kept us full for the duration of our hike at the state park nearby. The service was good and waitstaff very friendly. I had the granola french toast with door county cherry topping and it was worth every calorie!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I had heard great reviews of the chicken salad at The Cookery so I was looking forward to trying it on our trip to Door County. The menu description sounded great so that's what I ordered. The description mention nothing of the sandwich being heavily spiced with curry. What a disappointment. Did not like it at all. I may have loved it otherwise. The dilled potato salad was OK, but nothing special. The best part of my meal was the white fish chowder. I am a salt person so I thought it was very good, but could see where others might think it was way too salty. On the way out I did purchase a cherry scone which was delicious. Our waitress was not rude, but certainly not a people person. She appeared to be indifferent to not just us, but to her other tables as well.

caskare00, Owner at The Cookery Restaurant & Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

I'm sorry the chicken salad was not to your liking, though I am happy you enjoyed the whitefish chowder - it is our most popular item by far. I'd love to have you stop in again and try something new. I would suggest our turkey, cream cheese, and cherry chutney sandwich, another popular sandwich selection that also features our house made cherry chutney.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I stopped for lunch on our first day of a couple-day trip to Door County. I love the restaurant interior; it's tastefully decorated and has some unique features like the cutout ceiling to the 2nd floor with sections of wrought iron with colored glass insets. It was too cool to have the patio open but it looked inviting. Service was great and the place was busy even for rainy midweek Oct. My husband had the fish sandwich and fish chowder; he thought it was good. I had cheese soup, also good, and the chicken salad sandwich, which was not really to my liking, but it may have been my personal taste. Everything was fresh and good quality. I would definitely return to try something else.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We have eaten at the Cookery a handful of times on our Door vacations and the atmosphere is appealing both inside and out. The flowerbeds are gorgeous. The food has, also, been very tasty. Our only criticism has been the either being pushed to order more than we want or being waited on rather mechanically. We have had both experiences. The inside dining area is often way too cold in the heat of the summer. We left earlier than we would have liked this summer because we were actually shivering in our summer clothing.