“Looks nice, but we noticed a few problems.”
Review of Homestead Suites

Homestead Suites
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Fish Creek
Reviewed June 13, 2014

The beds were very comfortable, but bring your own pillow if you are use to down pillows. Theirs are hard foam! Glad I brought my own. Our rooms floor needed vacuuming. It was dirty & the carpet probably should be replaced. We noticed that because never worn shoes picked up a lot of dirt & sand. The bathroom door hit the toilet when you closed it. Very small area... tub & toilet. We did have the smallest room though. The bath fan was really noisy! The indoor whirlpools jets were only about 2" or less above seating area...no way to massage your back or anything! The pool and whirlpool were clean and looked nice. I didn't use the outside whirlpool or pool, they looked dated with chipped concrete, but they were clean. Continental breakfast was one of the worst I've had. 1st. day the really miniature rolls were hard as a rock, but others were OK. No microwave to try and soften it up. Coffee was very weak. This place is in a good location. Walking distance from downtown Fish Creek (about 10 min.) and a couple restaurants across the street & down the street a couple blocks. No ice machine on the second floor. The people who worked there were very nice. Bring mosquito repellent!

Room Tip: We were on the street side, second floor. Didn't notice any street noise. No elevators though.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Checked in around 5 pm to a very clean room. the pool was nice, had a sauna and a hot tub. Also a dinky little arcade. I had very minimal interaction with staff, but they were nothing but smiles. I believe all the rooms include a patio which is nice. The hotel is a short walk from an ice cream place and peninsula state park. there is also an outdoor pool for warmer months.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank sara b
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel, however has some issues. First and foremost, just as some other travelers indicated, the mattresses and pillows are rock hard. Actually hardest mattress I have EVER slept on. Also, the hotel really needs to update the bedding and get rid of the polyester bedspreads that likely get cleaned twice a year. On another note, the plunger sitting next to the toilet is rather disgusting. Lastly, toilet paper must be a rare commodity as maid service did not replace when the roll was clearly just about empty. This is a decent hotel, however the things that I mentioned will keep me from staying at this hotel again, particularly the horrific mattresses that make you feel like you have slept on a concrete slab!!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank upnorth300
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We have visited the Homeatead Suites in Fish Creek for the past three years- in early spring. The hotel is clean, quiet and the service is wonderful. In late winter- early spring - you pay for two nights and get the third for $30. Besides the lodging you receive a nice wine and cheese basket and a $50 gift card to one of the local restaurants- Alexander's. This is a nice get away and a great time to visit Door County. We love it and have never been disappointed!

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank suemay07
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I just stayed at the Homestead for a long weekend, taking advantage of their "Weekend Romance Package" and it was great. First off the deal is a great value.

The Hickory Suite was a very room, it had the old door county feel, which is what you'd expect. Rooms were clean, staff was friendly and it's in a great location right on the edge of peninsula park.

Our only "complaint" were that the mattress was like sleeping on the floor. So it was a little uncomfortable, but nothing a few extra blankets couldn't help fix.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rick V
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Homestead suites suited our need for accomodations nicely in a recent weekend stay. It was a great central location in DC. The staff was excellent and very friendly and attentive, I even lost my room key/card in the hot tub and they promptly gave me a new one no questions asked. My wife and I stayed in the Hawthorne Suite which was very nice. It was spacious, clean, and we loved the double sided fireplace, enjoyed from the bed or the couch. The only downside of the property which weighed minimally in my review was the fact that the room was quite warm, and I had the thermostat as low as it could go. It was about 0 degrees outside and we had a window open overnight to stay comfortable. Another downside is the excercise room, it only consists of two treadmills. I generally like to have a workout every other day, so this was a little disappointing. The last negative was that the pool area was very nice but fairly small, so if there are many family's staying with children, it gets full and loud fairly quickly, not ideal for a quiet couples weekend. Overall a nice place, reasonably priced (especially in the off-season), and the location was ideal.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We roomed at the Homestead for the fourth year in a row and absolutely recommend it to anyone coming for a relaxing getaway.

The rooms are impeccably clean, service excellent and the staff couldn't be friendlier. Any questions we asked (including one about an old friend I hadn't seen in 20+ years) were answered with a smile.

We lounged in the whirlpool, pool and sauna every night (and many mornings); there were always clean towels waiting for us no matter when we went down. I'd like to see the hours extended, but anything less than open 24/7 would be too short for me.

Room Tip: select a room on the back of the building second floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
#4 of 7 in Egg Harbor
Country House Resort
Country House Resort
#1 of 17 in Sister Bay

Been to Homestead Suites? Share your experiences!