“Nice, but I expected a little more for the money”

AppleCreek Resort- Hotel & Suites
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Fish Creek
Reviewed August 19, 2009

The location is great, it's in Fish Creek :) I feel like you are paying more for the location and time of year (August), than you are the room. The room was always clean, but the ventilation (Air conditioning) hardly reached the back bedroom. The room we had, slept 5. While the beds were easy to access (Murphy bed and pull out from couch), there was way too much furniture in that small space to access the beds. We had to stand tables on top of other tables and move chairs into the back bedroom, in order to make space for the beds. While I am not a bed/sheet snob, I was a little surprised how thin the bed sheets were. They felt super thin and super cheap. Even my Target sheets at home are a little more substantial feeling than these. The toilet paper was 1 ply, which surprised me as well. These are not things I typically notice, but I figured for over $200 a night, I wouldn't have to feel like I was receiving an 'up north cabin' feel to the room. The small things like sheets and even the toilet paper make the room feel cheap. To be fair, I only slept there, so I didn't take advantage of the pool, office, or any other amenities they may have. These may have made the experience better. I did appreciate the free WiFi though. Those considering staying there should be aware of their 15 day cancellation policy. If you want to cancel less than 15 days ahead, you lose your money :(

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank Jennifer M

Reviewed August 9, 2009

We recently stayed at the Apple Creek Resort for 3 nights. Upon making the reservation I was a bit hesitant when I found out the cancellation policy which was no refund whatsoever, if canceling within 15 days from arrival. The hotel was clean and the beds were very comfortable, however, I felt it could use some updating for the price we paid. I had asked if the room included a frig. and microwave and was told that it did. I was very disappointed when we got to the room and found the frig. and microwave in the bathroom stacked on top of one another on the floor!! We had never been to Door County before and were told that you really needed to make your reservation ahead of time. Knowing what I know now, I probably would have stayed in Fish Creek only 1 or 2 nights and stayed in Sturgeon Bay a night or two also. I definitely feel we paid for the location at the Apple Creek Resort.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank C0ncernedTraveler
Reviewed May 5, 2009

Upon check in employees did not greet us in any manner. We had to do most of the talking. We were promised a bottle of wine in our room which was not there. When I went to the desk they had to check with the owner before believing us. I don't know where I would have gotten the idea for it if it hadn't been promised in advance. I asked for a message to be left for a business meeting and the clerk just looked at me and said that I have voice mail and would not be picking up the call for me. When we made the reservations and mentioned the other place we stay they basically told us to stay there instead. We should have followed their advice. The hotel is run down, worn out and obviously has not been kept up even though the rates are high enough for them to be able to reinvest some of the money. The king size bed did not have a fitted sheet and came apart in the middle of the night. The key did not work properly. The door of our room was warped and we had trouble opening both from the outside and inside. The key also did not work for the side entrance closest to our room and we had to go around to the front entrance (lobby). There was no hair dryer and the little extras consisted of 2 bars of soap and a bottle of shampoo thrown in the corner of the bathroom counter. The amazing thing was is that there was a tip envelope left out on the table where it wouldn't be missed. The room also did not have any type of motel guide and it didn't even have a listing of the channels for the television. The floor hadn't been vacuumed prior to our arrival as we had found the prior occupants medication on the floor in the bedroom. Not only would I not recommend this place to a friend I wouldn't even recommend it to my worst enemy.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
17  Thank jjw0608
Reviewed February 23, 2009

My fiance and I had a wonderful weekend at this resort. We booked a Luxury Suite and the room was very clean for starters. The fire place in the room made it very romantic. We enjoyed the whirlpool and were amazed that all the jets worked. The beds were comfortable and the pillows were so soft. The pool was very clean and actually warm. I have to say that the hotel staff were very pleasant. The only complaint we had was the tv would turn off every 1/2 hour. It became a pain because we would try to watch a movie on the DVD player and had to turn the tv back on. Otherwise this place is a must stay if you want to get away from the long winter. What was real nice is that the resort wasn't over crowded. We plan on coming back next February.

Mr. Casey J. Wuestenhagen

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wuesten2009
Reviewed February 23, 2009

We have family in the area and stayed here over the Holidays. Very convenient location at the top of the hill in Fish Creek. Close to everything. We had a wonderful stay and was able to take advantage of the beautiful pool. We have stayed here in the past and would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lov2weave
Reviewed February 2, 2009

This past week my family and I, had the priviledge to stay at Applecreek Resort in
Fish Creek. It is a beautiful place, tucked in just off of Hwy 42 at the top of the hill at
county F as you are traveling north out of Fish Creek. We had a every nice stay. We are
sure to stay there again. Every one there was so freindly had helpfull. Very knowledgable
of Door County and the activities going on. The rooms were very spacious. I have a
family of five and our suite had more than enough room for us to be comfortable. The
pool area was just as applealing.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank gotGod
Reviewed January 12, 2009

I have family in Door County and I have been staying at this hotel for years. It is great! The hotel itself is very clean and the staff is very friendly. It is a very relaxing place to go if you need a vacation. I would recommend this resort to anyone!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Heehee79
Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort
The Ashbrooke
The Ashbrooke
#1 of 7 in Egg Harbor

Been to AppleCreek Resort- Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!