“We went here twice during our short stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Summertime

Summertime
Ranked #18 of 32 Restaurants in Fish Creek
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
“We went here twice during our short stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Just a block from the water, this quaint restaurant has a nice menu selection and wonderful waitstaff. We ate breakfast here both times because the kids really loved it.

Visited June 2013

Green Bay, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Breakfast and the Staff +++”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

I love the staff at Summertime Restaurant. Such inviting faces makes me excited to walk in the doors! I have never experienced a bad meal here and I particularly love the breakfast! The pancakes are unlike anything I have had elsewhere and the pecan roll is FANTASTIC!! This restaurant is, by far, one of my favorite breakfast spots. Also, for oatmeal-lovers, you have to try Summertime's steel-cut oats!! AMAZING! I even had to buy a tin at the restaurant to make my own at home, but it still doesn't compare to Chef Efren's.

1 Thank DoCo-Explorer
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Summertime Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

We went to the Summertime Restaurant on Sunday night, specifically for the meatloaf. We loved the meatloaf and it was a great "comfort food" on a not-so-nice weather day. We have heard that they are adding pasties and cannot wait to try them. Their chicken pot pie is outstanding and we will definitely be going back for more!

We have always enjoyed the amazing service, friendly atmosphere and dining experience at Summertime and we would recommend thay everyone stop there when they visit Door County!

Princeton, New Jersey, United States
“Disappointing Door County Dining”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

My family and I have been vacationing in Door County for 20+ years and had eaten at Summertime several years ago and enjoyed our experience. We decided to eat there again for dinner this summer expecting an enjoyable experience, however we received anything but. While the atmosphere of the restaurant was quaint as usual and our window seating was looking out upon the beautiful town of Fish Creek, the nightmare that unfolded quickly made us forget about these couple redeeming qualities of Summertime. In general the service was average at best, however I forgive this because it seemed as if the waiters were young and inexperienced. The food however was truly unforgivable. Among my families orders were the meatloaf, filet steak, lemon chicken, and iced tea. These items made it painfully clear that Summertime does not use fresh ingredients when preparing food for their customers and this was reflected in the bland meals that were served to us. The true slap in the face however was the outrageous pricing of their meals. I have eaten far better food at restaurants for a third of the price that Summertime charged. The only redeeming part of the meal was that I had room after dinner to visit one of Door Counties many ice cream shops. Door County has a long tradition of enjoyable and delicious restaurants, but Summertime is not among them. I greatly urge you to find a different restaurant, one that helps make Door County the popular vacation spot that it is.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank David D
Beverly Hills, Michigan
“Below average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

We had dinner at Summertime on a Monday night. They were out of several things on the menu. The owner of our motel recommended that we get the filet so both my husband and I ordered it. Mine was raw and my husband's was well done, we asked for medium rare and medium. The waiter never smiled, he was almost unfriendly. He brought me the wrong drink but corrected it. Not a good experience especially for what it cost to eat there.

• Visited May 2013