“Great way to end a weekend in Door County!”
Review of Summertime - CLOSED

Summertime
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Richfield, Wisconsin
“Great way to end a weekend in Door County!”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We had hiked nine miles on two different trails in Peninsula State Park. We were tired, and wanted a nice meal before heading back to our B&B. As we were reading the menu posted on the door, one of the waitstaff stepped outside and handed us a full menu. We had our two dogs with us, and we knew that Summertime was "dog friendly" to outside diners. Unfortunately, the temperature had already dipped into the upper 50s, making outside dining no longer an attractive option. We secured our pups safely in the car and returned. We were escorted through the somewhat noisy bar area (there was a Packer game playing on the overhead TV) into the dining room. The decor was dark wood, and inviting (it was also nice and warm, temperature wise). We started our dinner with the breaded calamari, which was lightly deep fried and came with a spicy dipping sauce. I had one of the evening specials, the Maine lobster/blue crab seafood salad. I had expected a small scoop on a large bed of lettuce. I was pleasantly surprised to receive a large scoop of the salad and enough lettuce to simply cover the plate on which it was served. It came with several tomato wedges, hard boiled egg and lemon wedges. Totally yummy. My husband was impressed with his order of beef brisket with a topping of Summertime's South African sauce. His side was a delicately creamed spinach. Although my husband wasn't fond of the spinach, I indulged in several forksfull, and it was exceptional. We're glad we stopped here for dinner, and we'll definitely come back when we have another opportunity to spend time in Door County.

• Visited September 2012

Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Nice stop for lunch”
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Had Terry's French dip sandwich--delicious. Friend had fettuccini Alfredo, said she had to add a lot of pepper but she loved the sauce consistency. Nice wait staff.

“Best burgers?”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

They claim to have the best burgers. If you like frozen patties thrown on a grill then more power to you!!! Not good.

Oak Creek, Wisconsin
“Decent food, good location.”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The food is decent. The only thing that really blew our minds was the cheese curds. Best in Door County. Atmosphere is alright. Decent place to stop in for a quick bit for lunch. Great location. Short walk to the Fish Creek Harbor for a nice stroll and gorgeous sunset. The wait staff is nice and the gentleman who took care of us was very funny and friendly. Have visited previously during dinner and the dinner menu is even better then lunch.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank RoadTipper
West Milwaukee, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect way to start the day...”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We decided to stop in Fish Creek for breakfast. We were camping and decided after a few mornings of a cold breakfast we wanted something warm for a change. Not being familiar with the area, we had no idea where to go. We drove around scoping places and looking for parking. I spotted Summertime. It caught my eye because of the quaint outdoor seating area within viewing distance of the harbor. After parking and walking a bit through town ( we ended up parking at Sunset beach ) We decided to go to Summertime it was casual without being too casual but quaint enough to be special. There was hardly anyone there. Greeted immediately by a very friendly man at the door who escorted us to a table on the patio. The patio overlooked a small cottage courtyard, framed with rustic country flowers and a view of the water in the distance. As pleased, as I was with the atmosphere and the service I was hesitant on the menu. Nothing really jumped out at me. I eventually decided on a Canadian bacon and mushroom omelet and coffee while my fiancé ordered the pancakes (menu described as thin and lacey). While we enjoyed the views, sipped on delicious coffee and enjoyed people watching my only complaint was the swarm of bees that kept trying to join us. When our food arrived very quickly we were delighted! It all looked scrumptious… with one bite neither one of us were disappointed we choose Summertime! The food was incredible the presentation, the quality everything. As for the pancakes I have never seen such a large thin and lacey creation but yet had such a huge flavor! The prices were very reasonable $20.00 for our entire breakfast. We left full and very pleased.

Visited September 2012