“Best dinner in door county!”
Review of Summertime - CLOSED

Summertime
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
“Best dinner in door county!”
Reviewed August 26, 2011

We had a wonderful dinner. Great meal, great company, the owner is amazing! Thank you Terry, we are never disappointed!

“Breakfast”
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Great breakfast. Outside on a sunny day. Great service Nick!
We'll come back

Villa Grove, Illinois
“high price for simple fare”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Our evening meal was good and filling, but the price was high and was delivered by a gloom and doom waiter who complained about his lot in life. While we felt sorry for him, it did nothing to add to our enjoyment. The place is nice and the decor is pleasing, but the front desk is a disorganized mess. The door to the garden was open and we were chasing flies all during out meal. We chose to eat inside to hopefully avoid insects. I do think they have a talented kitchen staff. Our waiter was attentive and the salad/entree delivery was perfectly timed...so there are some very good things about Summertime.

• Visited August 2011
tbolland, Owner at Summertime, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
As the owner of the restaurant I talk to at least 200 of my customers each day and ask about our service and food. I have not had one complaint in over three months. Not to say that someone had a complaint and I just didn't talk to them.

I feel if a person has a complaint about my restaurant or any other restaurant they should be specific and say this or that item was too expensive at $x.xx. My prices are quite reasonable especially compared to my competition.

My rail drinks are $3.00, my call drinks are $4.00. The couples side salad cost $1.99. Some of our dinners are: A third pound Certified Angus burger with lettuce, tomato, potato chips and pickle is $7.50. Greek lemon chicken $14.99. Sushi grade 8oz Ahi tuna steak with starch & vegetables $19.99. Our South African BBQ pork back ribs $19.99. Sunday half roast chicken & all the trimmings $14.99. English style fish & chips are $15.99. We also hand cut all our French fries to order. For breakfast we have an early riser special: Two extra large grade AA eggs, choice of bacon or pork sausage, and choice of toast, English muffin or homemade baking powder biscuit $3.99. I do have two different "USDA PRIME "steaks on my menu that cost $39.99 but I am sure they didn't have them. And if they did even they are a bargain at that price.

Please don't say I am high priced without being specific where I can respond to your complaint.
Terry W. bolland - Owner
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Good food, great service”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We had the good fortune to have breakfast at this local institution. The weather cooperated so we sat outside under umbrellas in the beautiful Door County sunshine. The excellent service started immediately and continued throughout the meal. Many in our party of 8 had the lace pancakes and raved about them. The omelets were cooked perfectly and filled with a variety of interesting combinations. We were intrigued by the menu statement that their biscuits and gravy were the best. We ordered an extra order to share and the consensus was they were indeed superb. The wait staff checked frequently about our needs but was not intrusive.
Toward the end of our meal the owner Terry stopped by and briefly had a cup of coffee with us discussing local interesting lore. A very nice welcome local touch in our minds.
Some of our party had been to the Taco special night the evening before and said it was a fun evening. We will go back at the next opportunity.

• Visited August 2011
“Summertime has character!”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

This restaurant is historical! If you appreciate history, you'll appreciate Summertime! They are very accommodating and friendly. Lunch or dinner, we were happy with the food, especially the service. Their desserts are delicious! I recommend the Decadence and Blueberry Cheesecake, but all looked great! We've been coming to Summertime for a couple of years now and we've always been happy with everything!