“Lot of menu choices”
Review of Arroyo Bay Grill - CLOSED

Arroyo Bay Grill
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Pizza
Description: Door County's Most Authentic Mexican Restaurant! Breakfast Lunch Dinner Happy Hour Outside Patio Margaritas Pizza American/Gluten Free Options.
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I ate here twice, as I was staying very close to it. It is not just Mexican food, they had pizza, and I believe hamburgers, etc, as well. The pizza that I ordered for myself was so big I had three meals from it in all. It was pretty good, unbelievable amount of cheese on it. Also ate burritos one night, they were also fine. Not a top of the line restaurant, but good. The staff was attentive to my needs. Price was around $10 per person or so. (note: I only drink water, so that helps!)
Recommend this, esp. if you don't feel like fighting for a parking place in town.

There are newer reviews for Arroyo Bay Grill

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Arroyo Bay Grill is a nice addition to Fish Creek restaurants, replacing the old Sonny's which was horrible. It's a handy location for people attending events at Fish Creek Auditorium.

The young hosts were not unfriendly, but seemed a bit shell-shocked in their greeting. Need to work on that first impression. The waiter was very professional and made us very comfortable. The food is good, standard Mexican, probably a little better than JJ's grill, on a par with Mojo Rosa in Egg Harbor (that's not saying too much...prices, at least, are more reasonable here.)

The room is big and cheery. We had very good Chile Rellenos; the Enchiladas can be ordered with a combination of ingredients and sauces (you need to ask), fresh veggies and good salsa are a plus. Beers are cheap, and prices are good for Door County. There's an outdoor patio.

We'll be back. I'm hoping that the restaurant will continue to move in the right direction.

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

my bride and I had a disappointing dinner at Arroyo Bar Grille last night. it was advertised in the local " dining guide" as having a rib special on Monday nights- Nope!! We should have left at that point, but stayed anyway. The atmosphere was dark and heavy. The food was average, with nothing special on the vey large menu. The chicken cilantro soup was suspiciously similar to beef barley, but since our server never checked on us, we could not raise the question. There are much better choices in the Door County Area.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Visited Arroyo on a Friday night prior to a DCA performance. Love the convenience of this restaurant to the auditorium!

They were busy the night we visited. Had to wait for a table so we visited the bar. We no sooner received the margaritas we ordered when they called us to our table so the wait was only 5 - 10 minutes. The margaritas (regular, on the rocks with salt) were tasty but overall, too syrupy-sweet for my palate.

Menu is large with a nice varied selection offering primarily Mexican fare, American cuisine and pizza.

I ordered the chicken fajitas, while my hubby opted for the taco salad. Complimentary chips and salsa were delivered to our table shortly after placing our order. The salsa tasted fresh and home-made but was surprisingly hot. This gringa would have enjoyed it more if it had packed a little less heat (the hubs found it too hot as well).

My fajitas arrived quietly on a dinner plate, with rice and beans, and a side of my choice of flour or corn tortillas...No parade of sizzling cast iron skillets here! Despite the lack of usual delivery fanfare, I must admit the fajitas were the most delicious I've ever eaten. The chicken was tender, moist and flavorful and the onions/peppers were cooked to beautiful perfection. I must admit I was disappointed in the rice. It was of a "quick" cooking variety and therefore lacked texture, as well as flavor.

The hubs taco salad was nothing special...the usual assortment of veggies, meat and cheese.

The service staff is young, but very personable, polite and eager to please. The dining room has a nice atmosphere but can get a little loud at times. Prices are reasonable for the area and the portions generous.

We will definitely try the Arroyo Bay Grill again.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We had heard about this new Mexican restaurant from some local people and thought we would try it. I am really not into Mexican food but this was very good. We both had the 'Chimi's. There was so much food that I couldn't eat all of mine. The prices were very reasonable and the service was the best. I would recommend this place to everyone!