“Great food and great staff ”
Review of Blue Horse Cafe

Blue Horse Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Quick Bites in Fish Creek
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 10, 2019 via mobile

We stopped in twice in the mid of winter. They are open year round. Excellent coffee and delicious breakfast. The staff was very friendly. I’ll be back.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed March 2, 2019

There isn't a whole lot open in Door County in the winter and while we have our favorite lunch spot, it's always good to try something new. So we were pleasantly surprised to find the Blue Horse open during the winter (as well as the three other seasons - the sign on the door says open 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. every day). The set up is simple. You order at the counter and your order is brought out to you when it's ready. The prime seats in the front of the restaurant - looking out over Main Street and the waterfront on the other side of Main Street were taken so we ended up in the back. That was OK. The meal was great. My muffaletta was thick with meat surrounded by fresh slices of focaccia bread. My wife's BLT was just as thick and tasty. We are making plans to go to Blue Horse again when we are back in Door County.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 3, 2019

So many drink choices. Enjoyed the latte and food. Nice to sit and relax while having coffee and looking out at the water. Very busy place!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 27, 2019 via mobile

Great coffee and pastry cafe. Friendly and accommodating staff at register where you order. My folks have been stopping in here for years, even at the old location, but it was my first stop. Great latte with lots of non dairy options. And fancy foam. I will be back someday for lunch, next time I'm in the area.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 31, 2018

Cute coffee shop with a menu for breakfast and lunch. Interesting selection of egg, deli, dessert and salad dishes. Pick a table first then go to counter to order food. Friendly, tattooed dude will find you to deliver food to your table, but you have to go to the barista and wait for your cafe drink. This makes for confusion with a lot of people milling about the place. Once you understand the system, it makes better sense. It seems to be a popular place for the locals. Perusing the menu, it was noted almost everything had “pickled onions in it. I had the curried chicken salad which I found rather bland. It did not list raw onions, but disappointedly so, they were in my sandwich, which ruined it for me, as I do not like raw onions. My partner loved his Blue Horse Club sAndwich. The place is “cozy”/small. . . It was a positive experience with a gorgeous view of the Bay. My Mocha Latte was the best ever and the barista was very generous with the whip cream. I would have rated the blue horse higher if it weren’t for raw or pickled onions in 90% of their entrees. . .and leaving out the fact that there were raw onions in the chicken salad, which was meh., anyway, with or without the onions.

Date of visit: December 2018