“Delightful experience!!!”

Dining options: Breakfast
West Bend, Wisconsin
“Delightful experience!!!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We just randomly chose to stop at Blue Horse and it was the dining highlight of our entire weekend! The chef brought our amazing food to the table himself and simply the way he presented and placed the dishes on the table showed how much pride he took in what he was serving! There were 4 of us ranging in age from 17 to 59 and we all loved our food, the ambiance, and the overall experience. None of us are very big eaters, so we took the second half of our sandwiches back to the room for breakfast the next morning. (They were even delicious cold out of the frig! My sister heated hers up and she said it was amazing!) I had the side of fruit julienne chopped yet still crisp and had a nice variety. I'm not even a pasta salad fan, but there's was delicious. Another reason we only ate half of our sandwiches because we wanted to save room for dessert. We tried the unique honey cardamom pound cake with one of the best cappuccinos I've had. I also love that you can order breakfast any time! This was my first trip to Door County, and I am excited to take my husband to Blue Horse when I make a return visit in the fall.

• Visited August 2014

Quebec, Canada
“Just ok”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

The coffee was a little to strong and I found it acidic.
Wi-fi was interrupted by the owner to avoid illegal downlaods !?!

Visited July 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Food was fine, place was a mess!”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

It doesn't matter how good the food is if I am eating it in the middle of filth. We went there when they weren't busy. I guess we just missed the lunch crowd. Almost every table on the front porch was messy and hadn't been cleaned and the floor was littered with crumbs. I've been to fast food restaurants that are cleaner. We cleaned a table with a view off and ignored the crumbs on the window sill. The food was good as others have stated, but I won't go back due to the lack of attention paid to the cleanliness.

• Visited July 2014
Fish Creek, Wisconsin
“Great food, wonderful atmosphere”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I'm a local, so I go to the Blue Horse often. The food is wonderful, every order is made just right by one of the owners, the food is never bad, or the order wrong. Bakery is great, all fresh baked daily from scratch. And the atmosphere is wonderful, a genuine kinda funky coffee shop with a great porch and a view of the water. This is a local's favorite, you can see the same people here day after day. We're lucky, we get to eat here all the time.

You should try it, too!

• Visited July 2014
Wheaton, Illinois
“Great way to start your day in Door County!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Blue Horse cafe is a great place to start your day. We would go in for coffee. The flavors vary day to day, and are on the stronger side. The breakfast items ( pastries or breakfast sandwiches) are all great! The staff is always friendly! This is our goto place in the mornings when in Fish Creek!

• Visited May 2014