“Great way to start your day in Door County!”
Review of Blue Horse Cafe

Blue Horse Cafe
Ranked #7 of 33 Restaurants in Fish Creek
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Wheaton, Illinois
“Great way to start your day in Door County!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Blue Horse cafe is a great place to start your day. We would go in for coffee. The flavors vary day to day, and are on the stronger side. The breakfast items ( pastries or breakfast sandwiches) are all great! The staff is always friendly! This is our goto place in the mornings when in Fish Creek!

• Visited May 2014

Minnesota
“Delicious”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We were across the street at the fish creek beach area one morning. I kept checking the line at the cafe so I could decide when to run over and not have a super long wait. The line was out the door and down the stairs for quite some time. When I finally went the line was to the door. My guess is that I was there for 30 minutes or more waiting to order and then waiting on my 4 drinks. Overall I didn't really mind but I still can't figure out why it took so very long to make people's drinks. Even people ahead of me waited long times for single drinks. Having only one cashier may have led to the long wait on ordering, but there seemed to be 3 people making drinks. I don't know if this was an ordinary day or not. I ordered several different baked goods and they were all quite good. I'd go back but certainly judge if I have the time to wait.

Visited July 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Cute coffee shop”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Stopped in here for a couple sandwiches and coffees to go. Everything is made to order, so it does take more time; atmosphere is cozy. The food was made with fresh ingredients and very tasty.

• Visited June 2014
Winthrop, Maine
“Danger danger, Will Robinson!! Don't even THINK about getting coffee here!”
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

The only reason I ever leave bad reviews is so that others might not make the same mistake I made. That said, let's begin. We were craving ice coffee on a warm day and asked our waitress at breakfast where to get some. She said "Blue Horse right up the street" so we tried it. Upon going in there was a selection of 4 different coffees (1 being decaf) and I inquired if they made ice coffee. He said, "oh sure we can make any of our coffees into ice coffee" so I purchased 2 large ice coffees and he said they would be down at the end of the counter. I asked if he wanted to know which ones I wanted, and he said "oh there is only one kind of ice coffee" HUH? Oh well, at least we are getting ice coffee, right?? UMM not so much! It was by far the WORST tasting coffee I've ever had! Odd because when I asked him about it he said it was their award winning blend. Which award? The worst tasting coffee in Door county?? I tried to take the stink off of it with cream and sugar but no good. Had to throw it out. For $7 I was, how you say in Engleese, PI**ED!
I wouldn't go back there if someone gave me a gift certificate to the place.
That is all.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank MassageTherapistME
Neenah, Wisconsin
“Very nice little shop, Coffee was too dark for our tastes”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I found this coffee shop when camping in the area last weekend. I was really excited to find a coffee shop so close to the state park. The service was friendly, they were a bit busy and the wait was slightly long, but not too bad.

I ordered a cappuccino and a smoothie for 2 of us. We are not really what I would call coffee snobs by any means, but we have had coffee from many small shops and know what good coffee tastes like. The roast on their beans was very very dark and the taste did not appeal to us as it In small coffee houses, most of the time I find them using a higher quality bean that isn't roasted quite as dark. Perhaps they just had a batch of beans in that was too dark, but the coffee was barely drinkable compared to what we are used to.

I'll may give them a try again, but if dark coffee isn't your thing, then you probably won't like what they are serving. If you put sugar and syrup in your coffee, then you may be totally happy with the coffee drinks.

I had a smoothie which was made fresh and was good, I would have that again.

They had several breakfast items, which I didn't try, but would like to at some point.

• Visited June 2014