“New location open across from Fish Creek beach - same great food & coffee, but much more spacious”
Review of Blue Horse Cafe

Blue Horse Cafe
Ranked #6 of 33 Restaurants in Fish Creek
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Fish Creek, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The Blue Horse has reopened in their new location across from Fish Creek beach. The new space has been totally remodeled and the front porch has a commanding view of Eagle Harbor and the beach. Good job, Blue Horse!

I am not a coffee drinker, but they do have excellent iced tea, hot chocolate, and a wide variety of other drinks. Better, from my perspective, is the food. I particularly like the Muffaletta Panini and the Curry Chicken Salad Sandwich - good portions and reasonable prices. Their bakery items (cookies, scones, & more) are also very good - definitely worth sampling.

My wife is a coffee drinker and favors the dark roasts. They usually offer 3+ to choose from, as well as 4+ medium roast flavors. She is a discerning coffee fan, and always finds the Blue Horse offerings to be top notch.

The word on the street is they will start to offer a dinner menu, and I have high expectations!

• Visited February 2013

Fish Creek, Wisconsin
“Great coffee, delicious food and bakery, free wifi, outdoor seating and a friendly staff - what more can U ask for?”
Reviewed April 25, 2010

The Blue Horse is my favorite hangout when I want good coffee, a comfortable spot to socialize and still expect to get some work done. I usually bike there in summertime as the parking downtown is often challenging. Drivers should know about the rear parking lot and the back deck entrance.

My favorite menu item is the portobello sandwich. They have always had scones and just started baking their own cookies, yum! You can sit in back, outside or upstairs in the library and enjoy a view of the boats at anchor in Fish Creek's harbor. The Peninsula Bookman keeps the library shelves stocked with a great collection of discount books, hard to resist.

The cable wifi is free but be sure to ask for a password or you will probably auto-connect to the Bayside next door and the connection will be weaker going through several walls in between. They also subscribe to digital radio and the music is varied and unusual world jazz, light rock.

The coffee is tasty and you can order a refillable cup if you plan to work awhile. You can also get a Blue Horse credit card which really makes the payment process easy and quick for returning customers. The owners and staff are friendly and like what they do... don't miss my favorite coffe shop when you visit Door County.

1 Thank doorlocal
Madsion WI
“Not Starbucks, it is much better!”
Reviewed March 21, 2009

Nice place to sit, drink coffee, and watch the world go by. The owners are always friendly and often have a story or joke to share. My husband and I enjoy sitting outside when the weather is nice. The sandwiches are reasonably priced and the kids like them.

Emerson, New Jersey
“Tasty food, but not worth the price.”
Reviewed September 8, 2008

While walking downtown Fish Creek my wife and I decided to try the Blue Horse Bistro for breakfast. Unfortunately for us, we showed up at 11 AM just when they started serving lunch! Oops. The breakfast sandwiches looked like they weren't too bad in terms of price ($4-7), but most of the lunch sandwiches were more $6-10.

I went with a cajun tuna special and my wife had a turkey sandwich with pesto. I was hoping for around $8 to get an actual tuna filet grilled in cajun spices, but I should have realized it was tuna salad. My fault. Both sandwiches were pretty good and came with chips.

Didn't try any of the coffee drinks, but they did have a large selection. Builiding has outdoor seating in the front and the back. In the back you get a little bit of a water/marina view over some parking lots. Restaurant can be hard to spot because it is 1/3 of a building. I think the rest was a jewelry shop.

With all the possible options in Fish Creek I'd say try somewhere else. If you can't pass up a coffee and sandwich though, I don't think this place will dissapoint either.

1 Thank LandisD