“Julie's Staff makes you feel at home”

Julie's Park Cafe & Motel
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Fish Creek
Sycamore, Illinois
“Julie's Staff makes you feel at home”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We recently spent a few days staying and eating at Julie's. What a wonderful time we had! The food was great in the cafe and the room provided all we needed for our two day stay. While the rooms are basic they are large and very clean. The location at the entrance to the park provides a great getaway to all of Door County.

Room Tip: Each room is different, some allow pets, so ask about the room choices before booking.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sharonc52970ks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Racine, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Julie's motel is a good value being located right in fish creek. It has free wifi that worked while we were here and free coffee and tea with a room key. We had a new flat screen tv with cable and a queen bed. Our son slept o a rollaway and it was fine..... Two chairs to relax in and a desk. Bathroom was older style colored tile but a new shower. You get basic toiletries but no hair dryer, bring your own. Window AC unit. Nice courtyard with gazebo, steps from the state park and walking distance to other shops and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Julie L
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 12, 2012

The room was large and cozy, very clean. The beds and the pillows not real comfy. Very nice area, staff was great. Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank bkluth
Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed at Julie's for a weekend with a group of 5. We had a great little "suite" with 2 bedrooms and a living area with a sleeper sofa. My elderly parents were with us so we really liked the fact that there were no stairs to deal with. It's not a fancy place but it was perfect for our little family reunion. The staff is really friendly and easy to work with. The cafe was perfect for breakfast and just what we wanted for our weekend in Door County. I recommend Julie's for a family weekend. It was clean and cozy.

Room Tip: If you need adjoining rooms, ask for the suite.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank goodhikers1986
Reviewed June 2, 2011

I stayed here with my sister and our dog May 22-24 and I loved it! I've been coming up to Door County for over 20 years and while I've eaten at the cafe numerous times, I always seemed to forget that there was a motel attached. The room itself was really nice. Julie's is one of the few places in Door County that doesn't go for the 'faux rustic' look, meaning there wasn't cheap wood paneling on the walls and there weren't paint-by-number nature scenes on the walls.

The rooms were whitewashed and the one I stayed in had two queen beds, a desk, a sofa and a coffee table and it was HUGE! The bathroom was large but outdated...but it was outdated in a funky pink and blue tile way. There was a fairly large plasma screen TV on the wall and a bunch of lights in the room. The beds themselves were fairly comfy and they were covered with cotton blankets from Target, which was a nice switch from the polyester bedspreads found in most DC motels. Most importantly, the room was clean!

There was also a dedicated parking space for us, but I found that during mealtimes, restaurant patrons frequently ignored the 'no parking' signs and parallel parked directly behind my car, making for a fun time of getting out of my parking space. The staff was friendly and with my room key, I was able to get free coffee and tea all day. We ate at the restaurant twice and the food was good, but a little pricey. A big plus for the place was it's location in the middle of Fish Creek. It's right at the entrance of the park and right next to the Not Licked Yet frozen custard stand.

There are two reasons why I didn't give this motel five stars. First, the WiFi was down for my entire trip and it would have been nice if they had let me know about that ahead of time. They told me I could use it in the restaurant, but who wants to work in a restaurant? Second, while the shower had decent water pressure, it gave off a loud, high pitched whistle that got really annoying, really fast. Other than those two issues, though, I would definitely stay at Julie's again!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank alvernochick
Madison, WI
Reviewed May 26, 2011

We have been to Fish Creek many times before but this was our first time to stay at Julie's Park Cafe & Motel. It was a huge plus that it was situated just at the entrance to Peninsula State Park! The motel room was very plain but clean with a comfortable queen bed. The bathroom/shower was small but efficient and clean. The sink could have had warmer water - it took a long while for warm water to come. The small shower stall was fine. The flat screen TV in our room had terrible reception for 2 nights but after we complained, someone came and fixed the problem. The brochure claimed there was free wireless internet service but there was none when we were there. We had to go to the Cafe for access the wireless service. The Cafe: we had free coffee for every morning for staying at the motel. We only had breakfast & lunch at the Cafe. Food was quite good and well prepared. Had very good service.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed September 24, 2010

My girlfriend and I decided to leave the husband behind for a getaway weekend. We decided to go to Door County. Checking the trip advisor web site we found and booked a room at Julies. Later when I called Julies about the room, I had a great conversation with Amy, one of the motel employees. Upon arrival, we were greeted with warmth and friendly faces. Meeting Amy later was a joy. She totally made our stay memorable. The restaurant and motel were charming. The grounds well manicured and quaint. The room was very clean with a big closet and bathroom. We had two queen beds and slept great. Our getaway was perfect. My girlfriend booked a room for Labor Day weekend for her anniversary. I just booked a room in October to bring my folks who've never been to Door County. I booked a room with two bedrooms and a quaint living area. I am sure my folks will love Julies as much as Kelly and I did. I know they will love the stuffed french toast with cream cheese and cherries along with the other scrumptious dishes on the restaurant menu. I highly recommend Julies. :)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Settlement Courtyard Inn & Lavender Spa
Country House Resort
Country House Resort
#1 of 17 in Sister Bay

Been to Julie's Park Cafe & Motel? Share your experiences!