“Hide Side should be Hide yer Wallet”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hide Side Corner Store
Ranked #2 of 22 Shopping in Fish Creek
Gridley, Illinois
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Hide Side should be Hide yer Wallet”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I can't argue with other reviewers who have posted that the quality of merchandise at Hide Side Corner Store is top notch. I would however warn you about prices. It may be fun to peruse the aisles of beautiful things but the average tourist isn't going to be able to afford most of it. I guess they are counting on fewer sales of higher ticket items rather than cater to the masses. My wife even overheard a conversation that involved someone joking about taking out a second mortgage on the house to buy something... so it wasn't just us. This store would be better placed in a pricey area of L.A. or New York.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Andrew M

Hatton, North Dakota
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great people Great Store”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We have been shopping at Hide Side for over 5 years. It has always something so unique and fascinating to see.There is a wide variety of leather goods, offering a great selection and styles for everyone. If you're lucky you will see 3 generations of one family working inthe store, with excellent salesmanship and entertaining personalities. Go on in and see what they have to offer you.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Andrea L
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FABULOUS shopping experience!!!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We recently visited from the Milwaukee area and by recommendation stopped by Hide Side Corner Store in Fish Creek. We wanted to share our experience with other first time visitors to this store for fabulous finds and an exceptional shopping experience all around. My husband and I are new Harley owners and needed some cooler weather gear. At Hide Side we found beautiful leather jackets, chaps, and even leather neck gear. Although we savor the summer now we can't wait until cooler weather to wear our beautiful leather finds. We certainly will stop back when we visit again in July as the store is full of beautiful Southwest finds, leather, furs, art pieces, jewelry, knives, yard sculpture, etc, etc, etc!!! i found unique items unlike others you'll find in the cookie cutter Door Co. stores and at very reasonable prices. The store is family owned and operated for 38 years and the owners and clerks are fun and knowledgeable. Don't let your trip to Door County NOT include a visit to Hide Side in the beautiful town of Fish Creek.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Missy P
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Outstanding Merchandise, great service!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I recently visited this store for the first time and we loved it! The store had a TON of quality merchandise and everyone was very helpful and knowledgeable. We had a blast shopping there and it was great to talk with various generations of family working there! We would definitely recommend this store to everyone because it has so much to offer!

Visited June 2013
Harvard, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Misrepresentation Of Product Caveat Emptor”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I collect knives, normally of a totally different type, then what I purchased from Hide Side Corner Store. I was not familiar with the type of knife I was looking at and then proceeded to purchase. According to the owner of the store Jim Surges the knife I purchased was a one of custom made by Harry Gelz from just outside of Tucson Arizona.
Turns out it is a cheap mass produced knife from Pakistan and can easily be bought from an ebay retailer based out of AJAX, ON, Canada.

My ignorance allowed Hide Side Corner Store to [--] me into thinking I was purchasing something other then what I was told.

Visited May 2013