“a little bit of Italy in Door County” 5 of 5 bubbles

Villaggios
Ranked #20 of 32 Restaurants in Fish Creek
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Italian cuisine coupled with the charm of Italy, in the heart of Door County. PIZZA • PASTA • SPIRITS • DESSERT • DINE IN • CARRY OUT • Located on HWY 42 - Between Egg Harbor and Fish Creek in Juddville, WI.
Fish Creek, Wisconsin
“a little bit of Italy in Door County”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I was introduced to Villaggios by a friend in my continuous search for good Italian fare in Door County. My first sampling of their wonderful Italian cuisine was the La Cena I'insalata--a generous salad with fresh vegetables interspersed with Italian meats and cheeses. I even got a little crazy and added succulent shrimp to the bounty!!! Being Italian, I am (sadly) pretty picky about just how a good provolone or a prosciutto, salami and pepperoni should taste, so I am very happy to say that the cheese and the meats on this super salad easily passed the muster for taste and texture!!! My next foray into Villaggios numerous dining offerings (full menu available at their website) was a Torte Giardino-- a garden pizza that was just as good as the salad for the amount and freshness of the multiple veggies bedded on their signature pizza sauce with fresh, melted--gooey--mozzarella---yumm!!! THE BEST PART WAS THAT BOTH TIMES I WAS ABLE TO CALL AND HAVE THESE DELECTABLE DELIGHTS DELIVERED!!! Villaggios-located in Juddville-delivers to the Fish Creek and Egg Harbor areas!!! Since then I have been hooked on their food--calling often for convenient delivery and trying several other Insalatas and Tortes--including their newest-a four cheese epiphany of ricotta, shredded and fresh mozzarella, provolone and just the perfect amount of basil!!! I can say their Chicken Bianco with Fettuccini (garlic chicken breasts with fresh mushrooms drenched in a creamy Alfredo sauce with prosciutto over linguini) is to die for and am looking forward to trying the Ricotta Gnocchi (an Italian potato-based dumpling served with sun-dried tomatoes and asparagus with a Gorgonzola cream sauce). The restaurant is open daily May through October from 5pm to close with winter weekend hours (Friday-Sunday) November through April 5pm to close--much to the delight of us locals!!! Celebrating the importance of "La Familia" , Monday through Thursday "la bambinos" dine in for free from the children's menu. The ambience in the restaurant is pure Italy--with vibrant colors and festive décor--there is even a strolling musician to serenade you during your dining experience!!! During the summer season you can enjoy the Italian love songs of John Contratto and his concertina. Looking forward to the next time I get to enjoy Villaggios fine food!!!

• Visited August 2013

Wauwatosa
“Consistently good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

We have been going to Villaggio's for the last couple of years. We try to go to dinner there at least once in every trip to Door County. The food is very good and we've always had good service. Like most places in Door County, they rely on imported help during the summer. The wait staff has always been friendly and pleasant. The bread served with every meal is actually twisted pizza crust baked with some herbs on top of it. That alone is worth the trip. We usually split the Casa salad and the bread for dinner and walk out full. It is by far the cheapest meal we've had in Door County (or anywhere) that wasn't crappy fast food. The bill is less than $20 before tip. Well worth it!!

• Visited August 2013
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Great Italian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We've been to Villaggio's several times and have always had great service and great food. I'm not an Italian food lover but the menu offers some choices that make my evening enjoyable. My husband does like Italian and has always enjoyed his choices. We had a wonderful waiter who was very attentive and accommodating. I had a house salad with shrimp and my husband had a seafood pasta dish. We always enjoy the gentleman who plays the concertina and sings. We will return.

• Visited July 2013
st paul, mn
“Add shrimp for only $12!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Our waiter here was less than helpful, to say the least. I am lactose-intolerant, so I asked about the cheese and cream on some menu items, and he didn't seem to have a clue. I settled on a simple lemon-olive oil-pasta (which was so lemony I could barely eat it). He asked, "Do you want shrimp on that?" I said "sure." "How many? 4?" "Sure." So there were four translucent gross shrimp on my $16 lemon pasta, and he added $12 for the shrimp. Which made my gross lemon pasta that I could barely eat $28. When I protested, he said "What? I had to charge ya for the shrimp!" Couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank stpaulisteph
Kim J, Owner at Villaggios, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
We are sorry for your disappointing experience. We certainly would like to look into this further. Please email us at info@villaggios-doorcounty.com with the date of your visit, and any other pertinent information so we can work with our staff to provide excellent customer service and amazing food. Thank you.
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst dining experience in Door County”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Just back from a long weekend in Door County. Went to Villaggios on Thursday night with another family. The overall experience was terrible. Food was either overcooked or undercooked. Service took a long time and the restaurant was not crowded. The shock came at the end when the bill arrived. Very expensive for a subpar meal. I would NOT recommend this place at all.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Cathylynne1
Kim J, Owner at Villaggios, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your meal at our establishment. Please email us at info@villaggios-doorcounty.com to send us the date of your visit, the food that you ordered, and any other information that we can look into this situation. We work hard to give our customers a great experience and great food and your feedback can help us improve our business. Thank you.