“Inedible”

Villaggios
Ranked #18 of 33 Restaurants in Fish Creek
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Italian cuisine coupled with the charm of Italy, in the heart of Door County. PIZZA • PASTA • SPIRITS • DESSERT • DINE IN • CARRY OUT • Located on HWY 42 - Between Egg Harbor and Fish Creek in Juddville, WI.
Chicago, Illinois
“Inedible”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Where do I begin...
We have been going to Door County for 10 years and have tried a variety of restaurants here. This was our first trip to Villagio's so we wanted to try it all. We started with 4 appetizers and a bottle of red wine. The apps all looked alike. They used lots of mozzarella cheese, while good, doesn't represent good Italian cooking. The ravioli was drowning in sauce...we weren't sure if there were more in the bowl. The chicken parm was horrible and the meatball tasted the way I remember Alpo dog food smells. The fish was dry...either microwaved or steamed. The red sauce on the pasta tasted like they opened a can of tomato paste and heated it up. We were also told that we were going to be charged a sharing fee for 2 people splitting a meal....this is contradictory to any Italian style restaurant. I know this seems harsh but that is how bad the food was. (This is my first review on trip advisor but I felt the need to post).

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Vikki000

Galena, Illinois
“Great food!”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Great food and reasonable prices. Hostess very friendly, waitress was good but not exceptional.

Visited July 2012
Wisconsin
“Good Food and Good Pizzas But Overpriced and Slow Service”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We've been here several times, once for dinner, twice for carry-out pizza. Three summers back, our party had dinner here, ordered a variety of pastas and it was good, but not stellar; I like the several more Northern Italian-style pastas from Trio better than Villagios' Southern Italian pasta and they are a better value in the early week prix fixe menu deal that Trio runs. I recall this dinner at Villagios being a rather lengthy meal, especially with a small child in the party. I also recall being serenaded at our table by the live musical entertainment and regardless of whether this was an authentic touch, it was a bit too intrusive for my preferences.

Later that week we had carry out pizza from Villagios, paid for by another member of our party so I didn't see the price, and it was good, solid pizza, that we declared the best in Door County.

Last year when we returned on our annual vacation, we felt like pizza one night, so we ordered two large pizzas by phone from Villagios, were told it would be 20 minutes, and so I set off to pick up the meal. After sitting there for 20 minutes (about 30 minutes after ordering) I asked the bartender (really friendly guy) about the status of my order. Turns out they were having problems making pizzas that night and mine had not been made yet. Turns out that I ended up waiting probably an hour before they even put my pizzas in the oven - horrible service. They didn't discount my bill or even offer me a free beer or wine while I waited at the bar. Then, when I finally got the pizza, I was shocked that the bill was something around or over $50 for a pair of large, two-topping pizzas, if memory serves (they don't list their prices on their website menu - always a warning sign). Yes, it was good pizza, but hardly worth what they were charging, let alone the wait.

Since my family prefers Northern Italian foods to the too-common red tomato sauces of Southern Italy, we prefer Trio in Egg Harbor for pasta and for anything else for dinner and usually it's a better value than Villagios. And, since we discovered the Wild Tomato in Fish Creek last year, we no longer consider Villagios to have the best pizza in Door County. Sorry Villagios, we probably won't be back. But we will support your other establishments in Egg Harbor, Mojo Rosa's (excellent Mexican food), Village Cafe (excellent sandwiches) and Pink Bakery (very good cupcakes but why do they cost more in your bakery than they do next door at Mojo's??).

• Visited August 2011
Hudson, Illinois, United States
“Great place for dinner”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My wife and I discovered this place by accident several years ago, and it has become a favorite. I've never had a meal I wasn't happy with at Villagio. Good food, nice atmosphere, great service.

Visited June 2012
Moline, IL
“Authentic!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Delicious authentic Italian foods with a very comfortable setting

Visited October 2011