“GREAT FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!!!”

Hands On Art Studio
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Special Spring Break Hours 3/26-3/31 10am-5pm. Closed Easter Sunday, 4/2-4/4 10am-5pm. Then back to weekends Fri-Sun 10-5. Create Your Own Art! Paint Ceramics, canvases, wood-ware. Create Mosaics, Fused Glass Art and Metal Sculptures. $7/Daily Art Pass + Projects Cost. We have over 8,000 square feet of projects to choose from, possibilities for any budget! Open Friday - Sunday 10am-5pm; Friday 6:30pm - 10pm (Adult Night 21+) We are open on Monday 10am-5pm for project pick up only.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on the Door County Trolley progressive dinner ride (amazing fun!) and had appetizers and painted wine glasses. The food and hospitality was exceptional!! I was very impressed with the hosts/owners. I highly recommend this place!!

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"girls weekend"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I think this place is super cool. I get bored with the 'paint your pottery' places and this is a far cry from that type of studio. There are so many different types of art you can do here. The prices are average prices; something I would like to do more, but it's not the cheapest date if you have a full family of kids that want to do art. It really is a cool little place though with a super relaxing atmosphere and everyone can come home with totally different art. My kids loved the animals there too.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We went here on the suggestion of the couple we were spending the weekend with (she had been here done that before). Us girls did some metal art and were able to weld some things for the first time. Cute place, nice idea, I think the only problem was we got there at like 330 in the afternoon, not many staff members so we were pretty much ignored and then the girl helping out in that area did not know how to use the welders, so my husband helped her turn it on and off. Still was fun creating my "own" garden art. Although it cost me over $70 to make the one item.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I had been to HOAS before so maybe my expectations were a little high because my first experience was so good. I had a hard time finding anyone to help me and when I did I told her what I wanted to learn but she just about did it all for me. My pieces had to fire in the kiln so we left and came back and when we got there she had done all the finish work. I had really looked forward to it all and I just felt kind of sad.