“Fun for the kids”

Hands On Art Studio
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Create Your Own Art! Paint Ceramics, canvases, wood-ware. Create Mosaics, Fused Glass Art and Metal Sculptures. $7/Daily Art Pass + Projects Cost. We have over 8,000 square feet of projects to choose from, possibilities for any budget! Open everyday 10am-6pm; Friday 6:30pm - 10pm (Adult Night 21+)
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed September 13, 2012

A rainy day in Door County? This is a great place to stop. The kids really enjoyed the little pet pig that runs on the property greeting guests. Need a special gift? You or the little ones can make jewelry, mosaic plates.....you could spend HOURS here!

1  Thank Lynn R
There are newer reviews for Hands On Art Studio

Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

We did the pottery painting. Lots of choices, but they didn't offer what I was looking for. Kids enjoyed it a lot, but other than setting no different from any other place like this.

The biggest problem was the kid they had assigned to the pottery area. He was not very helpful, disinterested, and very rude when I expressed interest in a piece that was "not marked yet". How hard is it to write a price in the bottom? Or let the customer paint the piece while looking up the cost? Very glad I had the kids wear old clothing, since they were not offered smocks (other kids that arrived later were).

They request tips, and I did not leave one. I would have if the service had been better.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

We spent about 3 hours here painting metal garden art. There are so many choices that it is hard to know what to pick and you could easily spend the whole day there. You are kind of on your own to do the projects so don't expect it to be like an art class with instruction. If any thing we could have used some more help. We choose the easier art project because of that. This is no a cheap date but done right you will come home with a long lasting treasure!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

My family comes here every year and love every minute of our time at Hands On! It is a great place to have fun, relax a little, and create something lovely for your home. My brother made a catapult one year in the blacksmith shop!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I went up to Fish Creek with 2 of my girlfriends for a girls weekend. Without our children, we thought that the Adult night on Friday night would be a great thing to kick off our weekend! When we arrived we were given a quick explination of what we could do and where we should go for each project. All 3 of us decided on Ceramic painting, sadly we wouldn't each be able to do a different craft together, as each craft was in a different location. We had to wait at least 20-25 minutes to get paint for our creations and to listen to a line full of people ask questions because we weren't given any specific instructions from the employee working in the area. We painted our ceramics, waited yet again for the employee to give us our slip so we could go pay. When we were paying I asked when we could pick up our items, we couldn't take them right away because they needed to be dipped and glazed. The girl at the counter said Sunday at 2:30pm... Humm that doesn't work when most people come up Friday and leave Sunday. NO ONE TOLD US THAT PICK UP WAS 2:30pm SUNDAY WHEN WE STARTED, otherwise we probably would not have chosen ceramics! The girl seemed confused when I told her we were leaving sunday morning and wouldn't be in town at 2:30pm! She said well then we can ship it to you, she said she would have someone call us the next day to figure out payment for shipping our items and that Hands on Art Studio would probably pay for shipping as it was there mistake. I never received a call. At 4:45pm Saturday we went back to check on our items as the pamphlet states all items will be available for pick up the next day. Once we got there I spoke to someone and told them what happened she said that the ceramics needs 18 hours to fire and they put the ones from Friday night in on Saturday night. She said that the items would be shipped to us free of charge. We just got back this evening. I will be calling the Studio if I don't receive our items by Friday as there is no reason they can't be sent out Monday!

Areas for improvement... Information on pick- up of items, Especially for Adult night!

3  Thank Abeauchamp