“Walk down to the water from teh Cliffs”
Review of Eagle Trail

Eagle Trail
Ranked #13 of 25 things to do in Fish Creek
East Walpole
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Walk down to the water from teh Cliffs”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

It is not a difficult trail, thiugh there are some large rocks to climb over and a fair amount of uneven terrain, but the traim from teh parking lot down and back up can be traveresed in under an hour, but you will probably want to take longer to explor the cliff side caves (not too big but very interesting) A pleasnat way to spend an hour or two in the park.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank William M

Cumberland, Wisconsin
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Beautiful, fun hike.”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Eagle Trail is labeled as difficult, but its not really. The footing is just tricky in many places because of rocks and tree roots, but using a hiking stick or two helps a lot. It is also steep and narrow, but if you go when the ground is dry and you take your time, its not hard. It's fun and very beautiful. The trail takes you all the way down to the shore. There are a couple pretty little springs. The bluffs and small caves are amazing. I was surprised by Eagle Terrace. I didn't know it was there. It's a large patio overlook and very pretty - a nice place to stop for lunch. We hiked in early June and the forest was covered with wild forget-me-nots and trilliums. Bring your camera. It took us two hours, but we stopped to look around a lot. You can't look around when you're walking because you need to be watching where you walk, so you have to stop and look up and around because you don't want to miss anything. So take your time and a hiking stick.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Happy2Camp2012
Shakopee, Minnesota
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Tough hike”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

The trail is solidly snow covered, but you still get a great view of the nearby islands and a nice workout

Visited December 2013
2 Thank JanetteandDavid
Appleton, WI
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great trail!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This trail was labeled as difficult. My boyfriend who doesn't do any type of exercising did fine. Although I wouldn't recommend for small children. There was some climbing on rocks and roots that got tricky! The trail had great views of the lake, led us to a lookout point, a stone beach and along some rock cliffs. I was very cool to see the rock and some caves up close.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Heather D
Dover
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“You'll Love This Trail!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Even though this trail is rated difficult, I think most people can do it. Just take your time and be sure of your footing as the trail, in several places, is rocky and rooty. I saw some people using walking sticks as an aid for stability. I enjoyed the white cedar and birch trees. The cedars grow in the most unlikely places. The trail, at times, runs by the shore line. The water views are pretty and the beach is rocky which is different. I also enjoyed the bluffs and caves. We were able to walk and climb into some of the caves. It's neat. While walking through the forests, I noticed several small piles or rocks which I initially figured were placed there by humans but later determined that these piles were created by trees that had uprooted the rocks. Of course, the trees had rotted away. See if you can spot this piles. I would do this hike again! Enjoy!

Visited September 2013