“Wow!”

Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Due to the size of this restaurant, I'm hesitant to write a review (don't want to have to wait longer for a table). :) Wild Tomato is, by far, the BEST pizza I've ever had!!!! This was the first time we've eaten there and it will NOT be the last. The beer selection is so big, it took my husband 15 minutes to decide what he wanted - no lie, I felt bad for the waitress. We started with the bread basket (not to be missed) as an appetizer (included was a marinara dipping sauce, olive oil/balsamic combination, and a delicious creamy garlic cheese spread.) We also ordered the cherry walnut salad, another not to be missed item, that consisted of fresh greens, large dried cherries, walnuts, goat cheese and is topped with a light cherry vinagrette. My husband LOVED it! By the time our pizza arrived I was stuffed, but managed to eat two pieces of the our "Fun Guys" pizza which was topped with 5 different kinds of mushrooms, carmelized onions, spinach, and a garlic cream cheese as the base. WONDERFUL!!! All toppings are locally sourced. Each month they have a different "donation" pizza where a $1 from each pizza is donated to a local charity (each month is different). The ONLY drawback is the size of the restaurant. It is VERY small (but they do offer take-out). A must try place when visiting Door County!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,596)

Reviewed October 7, 2012

This place was recommended by friends and family. We went there on a Friday night. They were very busy, but friendly and helpful. We ordered take out and had great pizzas and salads

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I am very selective about the pizza I eat. This one tops the list. The fun guy is one of the very best I have ever had. Chicken and choke is a close second. Have always wanted to try one of the sandwiches but it is always a while in between times to visit the Wild Tomato so we always default and order a pizza. We never regret the decision. Maybe someday we'll branch out.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Pizza (the deluxe) and salads (garden and ceasar) were OK but not great. On the other hand the atmosphere was very pleasant, obviously a place very popular locally. There was no loud music to overwhelm the sound of folks enjoying good conversation over a good meal which is harder and harder to find these days. The selection of beers was impressive, and there were plenty of wines to choose from. The service was good, and watching the pizza "throwers" was entertaining. We would go back.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Family run business with an ethical stance. Strong supporter of the community AND the pizza is the greatest. We like the Pesto & Sausage but there are other great ones. Dog friendly. Great sangria. Just coming makes me happy.