“Fun place!”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch
Delano, Minnesota
“Fun place!”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We went here for a late dinner on a recommendation from a local. We were pleasantly surprised at how much fun we had and how good the food was. We really liked the hamburger which had a perfectly toasted bun and a patty done by hand. The chili dog was wonderful and my husband had them put chili on his hamburger. We liked it so much we went back the next day for lunch. They were very busy but we had good service and the food was still very good! The prices were also reasonable which is hard to find anywhere in Door County.

• Visited August 2012

cincinnati, ohio
“Dy-no-mite Chili”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Soon as I walked in to this family-owned, family-run tavern, I knew I liked the place. The two old guys with a half glass of beer in front of each of them sitting at the sit-all-the-way-around bar made it feel like a hundred neighborhood bars I've been in over my lifetime. This is probably why so many locals recommended it, its the local watering hole where people go to watch the Packers, meet friends, or have a quick burger. Booths line the walls, but only one table sits in the middle of the room leaving the remaining floor space for dancing on weekends.
We tried a couple burgers and did not find them wanting. After a brief conversation with the owners daughter about chili recipes, she brought a sample of theirs for our opinion. When I was in college, I hung out at a tavern that had a 3 beer chili like Bayside's - you know, takes three beers to get rid of the heat!!! Bayside's chili is the closest chili I've had to the Avalon's since I graduated and eating that chili brought back a lot of memories. I'll go back to Fish Creek just for Bayside's chili. Their Friday perch fry comes highly recommended by the locals also. The price was average for the area, around 7, 8 dollars, so with a couple brews around $20 for lunch.
Only drawback is the parking. The Bayside is three doors down from the main intersection, parking is on street which can get tough some times particularly weekends. You may have to park around the block or park across the street in the Founders Square lot.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank bassbum
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“The local hot-spot bar”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

The Bayside seems to be one of the primary local bars in Fish Creek. It's usually quite busy and often hosts live bands. This would be 'the' local casual watering hole from what I've observed. Be prepared to pay a cover charge if there is live music.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank 30-40Psyco
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great place...”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stopped in for lunch. Great pizza and salad. Nice atmosphere.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Emanmom
Slinger, Wisconsin
“So-So”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Food was okay. Service was slow and inattentive. We had to wait a long time for our check too.

Visited June 2012