“" A little bit of heaven on earth"”

Boyd's Mason Lake Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fifield
Boyd's Mason Lake Resort
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Hear American Plan resort (all three meals provided) and think golf courses, horseback riding, etc? Not Boyd's - this is the quintessential north woods resort where it's all about fishing, but with no cooking!! If you fish, there are four lakes on the property, three of them private to the resort. And expert guides to help you find the best spots on those lakes or nearby. If you want to try to catch a musky, they'll help you do it. My husband and I don't fish, but just love the quiet, restful atmosphere at Boyd's: Long Lake has no public access, only a few other private cabins, and a horsepower limit plus jet skis are banned. It is truly a place to wind down and recharge. Various members of my family have been going to Boyd's for about twenty years and we feel like "newbies." We've met many people who are the second and third generations to bring their families, so getting reservations can be tough with such a high return business. Every winter the owners do a major remodeling of at least one cabin, so although the cabins have a wonderful rustic feel, they are very modern and well-cared for. The cabins range in size from being suitable for just two people to up to 20 or 25. Consequently Boyd's works well for extended family vacations.Their web site describes the cabins quite well. Having a screened porch is important to us and can be surprisingly difficult to find in north woods resorts, but almost all of the cabins at Boyd's have them. The meals are excellent and through the years we've experienced them updating their menus and choices to stay current. But don't expect a Bistro experience, just normal food, well-prepared.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank toucangirl

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Boyds Mason Lake Resort is an outstanding resort with wonderful staff and great food. One of my favorite activities is sitting at the lake shore early in the morning watching the sun on the far shore. The kids love the beach and the swimming raft. The food is all good, but the Friday night ribs can't be missed!!

Room Tip: Good luck getting a cabin! Most of the Boyd's guests resverve their cabin a year in advance!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Will H
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Our family has been coming to Boyd's for decades. My grandfather came up for the first time in 1964. The rest of the family started coming in the mid-70's, when I was a little girl. It is the most wonderful place I can think of. We love it and now we come with my parents, brother and his family, my family and even a friend now comes with us and her family. The dogs love it too! It is a private, peaceful place with lots of land and four lakes. It's a relaxing environment with lots of wonderful food, plenty for kids to do, good fishing and wonderful atmosphere. It's not fancy, there's no TV or phones in the cabins but it's not missed. They have wonderful service, a maid comes to make your bed and straighten up the cabin every day, if you need something they get it for you. If you want time to unwind, time with the family or want to sit in a boat on a peaceful lake and you love to eat this is the place for you. Every year when we leave we start counting the days until we can come back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank heyho2letsgo
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed at Boyd's for a work retreat and enjoyed it thoroughly. It is an American plan resort, so all three meals are included in the price. The breakfasts are great - there is an option of either the typical scrambled eggs and bacon/sausage or you can have the kitchen cook up some awesome waffles, pancakes, etc. The lunch wasn't really anything to write home about. The supper however, was phenomenal. The first night we were there we had beef tenderloin, which had to have honestly been the most tender and flavorful tenderloin I've ever had. The second night I had duck, which was a little on the fatty side, but excellent nonetheless. The cabins are rustic and showing their years a bit, but still well kept up. We stayed in the Terry annex, which had a little less charm than the main Terry cabin. I slept next to the window, and being the end of the season that Boyd's is open, it was cold out. Unfortunately I got cold quite a few times through the evening, as I was so far from the heat register. I heard similar complaints of cold cabins from other coworkers as well. All in all, I would say that if you're looking for a northwoods retreat, Boyd's is definitely the place to go.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank MapMakinMan

Been to Boyd's Mason Lake Resort? Share your experiences!