“Speechless”

The Silent Woman
Ranked #6 of 10 Restaurants in Fennimore
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Silent Woman restaurant is open for lunch and dinner Thursday - Saturday 11 a.m. - 9 p.m. We have a unique setting with running water through our dining area and a beautiful full bar. Join us for an excellent meal prepared by Chef Josh. With over 20 years of culinary experience and a deep passion for food. The Silent Woman is also an excellent place to host both large and small groups. We have a large banquet hall that can host weddings, reunions, large parties or meetings. We also have smaller rooms that can be reserved for smaller events. Please call for more information and we hope to see you soon!
Boscobel, Wisconsin
“Speechless”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We are from the area, and for many years, the Silent Woman is where we have gone for special events. Recently, the business changed hands, and there is a new owner. Our parents were celebrating their 60th anniversary, and we were planning a family dinner for February 16. I made reservations on January 19. When asked, I said there were be at least 22, and I would give them a firm number a couple of days before. I was there, in person, on February 14. I told the owner that there would be 27 of us. Incredibly, he told me that would not work. When I asked why, he said that we wouldn't fit in the room we reserved. Actually, this group has used that same room on several occasions. I asked if there was another space for us, and he said we would have to eat "over there", which is another dining room on the main floor. I said that would be fine. He asked then what he was supposed to do about his prime rib, that if he cooked one or two, what if we all ordered it, and he had none left for his other customers???? I told him he could just not offer us the prime rib, if that was a problem. He was incredibly rude, and kept telling me that basically, it was too big of a problem to serve a group our size. I went into the bar to tell my husband about this. The owner followed me in to tell me that this was no longer a reservation, but a party, and now I would have to pay an additional booking fee. When I questioned him, he said he would have to bring in another person to work, and that we had to pay for it. My crime: wanting to bring 27 people to this restaurant, to pay full price for food and drink. Obviously, we ate somewhere else. The Hilltop Tavern, in Fennimore, accommodated us with only two days notice, and did an absolutely wonderful job. They even offered to bake an anniversary cake. Customer service, what a concept.....

• Visited February 2013
8 Thank Lorie K
SilentWomanMgmt, Manager at The Silent Woman, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
We wanted to thank you for your feedback and also let you know that The Silent Woman is under new ownership as of September of 2013. We are so sorry to hear of the negative customer service experience that you encountered for your event at that time, and wanted to let you know that we absolutely have a higher service expectation than that. We would love to have you (and your group) in any time! We hope you will give us another chance under new ownership.

“Unfriendly Bad Experience place to go!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Not recommended IF WANT a relaxing atmosphere everyone is too uptight about ordering enough off the menu.
The most unfriendly AND unappreciated place in Fennimore.
I hope they change their ways so you don't feel you are being watched by management. People want to relax and enjoy themselves not to feel they have to buy everything in the restaurant.

5 Thank belken
Evansville, Wisconsin
“great food”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

The food was excellent and very plentiful. We had sandwiches, my husband had the very large hamburger and I had the Rueban sandwich, and we both had the haystack onions and fantastic cups of bean soup.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Kathyrn P
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“Not that Great”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We enjoyed our appetizer of fried veggies very much but our burgers and fries were really not very good. Our waitress was trying but she seemed really new.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank thesugarbomb
USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible food...”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

there is a new owner and chef at The Silent Woman. The food was so good. Ate there two nights in a row when we stayed in the area....Will go back just to have dinner there. The atmosphere is neat too. Incredible food I cant rave enough about it. Only suggestion..dimmer switch on the lighting..

Visited January 2013