“Wouldn't even return a call or email to book rooms”

Lodgings at Pioneer Lane
Ranked #2 of 5 Ephraim B&B and Inns
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Wouldn't even return a call or email to book rooms”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

So my wife and I are heading up to door county for our 1 year anniversary in June and we wanted to book our stay at the Lodgings because it was the #1 BB on TripAdvisor and it came recommended. Since you can't make reservations online you need to email or call to book a room. Well my wife first emailed the Lodgings through their website about a week ago, then she followed up with two a phone calls, the first of which she left a message....the second she did not, because how many times do you need to email or call in order to get a response?!?!?. So even if her email message didn't got through they had a voicemail to call us back. Needless to say, we have yet to receive a call/email/fax/carrier pigeon, etc. regarding a booking........so can say we just booked our anniversary vacation stay at another Ephraim BB who answered our call on the first try.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
lodgingpioneerlane, Owner at Lodgings at Pioneer Lane, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
I hadn't calculated just how popular our little “Mom and Pop” has become to not just be able to close up and leave the country for a family vacation even in March, our off-season. Hard to believe, but our destination had neither phone nor internet. But lesson learned: I will find someone to cover for me next time we leave the country!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Council Bluffs
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I enjoyed my three nights at the Lodgings at Pioneer Lane. The rooms were nice and the bathroom was super with its whirlpool plus it was spacious. Everything was just great and I really loved the bed, big and firm. Hugh and Alicia certainly know a lot about Door County....they should, having lived there for at least 40 years. I was in Door County on business and the place was sited nicely and I could access what I wanted within a short drive.

Room Tip: I was trying to click on the left side of Fitness Center for a "not applicable" couldn'...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My girlfriend and I decided last minute to take a trip and were in need of a place to stay. We couldn't have chosen a better place than the Lodgings! The room was warm and ready when we arrived, the staff was super friendly and accommodating, and the room we had was amazing! We would recommend The Lodgings to anyone and everyone!

Room Tip: We stayed in "The Leaf"...great view of the water, lots of windows, a balcony, whirlpool t...
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Lodgings during our honeymoon, and we could not have been happier with the time we spent there. Alicia and Hugh made the registration process easy, and took care of everything we needed. We stayed in the Leaf Room, and found it to be very clean and comfortable. In fact, the pillows were such a hit with my husband that we are now scouring the web to find an equivalent! There were several different types of tea available, which was nice because we were able to have decaf tea to wind down before bed, and good strong black tea in the morning. Overall, we loved it and I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The building was designed by the proprietor, and the layout couldn't be better. As far as I coul...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
lodgingpioneerlane, Owner at Lodgings at Pioneer Lane, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
It is our great pleasure to host honeymooners, and also provide a wide variety of teas and (good) coffee too to our guests. We also love it when guests love our pillows! Thanks for finding us, Alicia
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Lodgings lives up to it's great reviews. My room was VERY comfortable, clean, and had all of the amenities I could ask for. The people were very friendly and helpful. The whirlpool was wonderful and the fireplace was great. Even Starbucks coffee for the coffee maker! Who could ask for more?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We spent 2 nights in the Blossom Room. Bed was extremely comfortable; shower was amazing. Bring your own conditioner and lotion, as the inn only provides shampoo and shower gel, both spa quality. The kitchenette was perfect for our needs, and we were pleasantly surprised to find an electric skillet among the items offered. The room is quite spacious, and we really enjoyed the fireplace during the cold winter eves. Close to Peninsula State Park, where we enjoyed hiking. We practically had the entire park to ourselves! Plan to get some groceries/supplies in Fish Creek if you go in the winter. Not much is open in Ephraim. Door County in wintertime is splendid. I'd highly recommend avoiding the crowds of summer and experiencing the quiet beauty of this unique part of Wisconsin.

Oak Park, Illinois
Reviewed December 18, 2012

For many years I've gone to Door County as a solo female traveler. I tried a variety of places over the years that were within my budget and seemed to fit what I was looking for. I found Lodgings at Pioneer Lane a few years ago and my search was OVER. The rooms are so comfy and cozy and feel like a home away from home. I feel very safe here and well taken care of. I've gotten to know Hugh and Alicia better with each stay and they are delightful owners, happy to help out in any way. Ephraim is my favorite town on the peninsula, so it's a double bonus that their place is located here. I feel their prices are very reasonable and actually a real bargain off season (my favorite time to visit.) I adore this place and will always stay here when I visit (until I move up there some day!! :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Linda V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ephraim
Edgewater Resort
#1 of 7 in Egg Harbor
Somerset Inn & Suites
Somerset Inn & Suites
#3 of 8 in Ephraim

Been to Lodgings at Pioneer Lane? Share your experiences!