“Wisconsin comfort”

Lodgings at Pioneer Lane
Ranked #3 of 5 Ephraim B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed in the leaf room. I believe we were in our room for about 5 seconds before my wife declared this was the nicest room we ever stayed at. Or in this case, were about to stay at. Her declaration may have been a slight exaggeration, since we have stayed in some awesome places around the Country and in Europe. But that level of comfort stayed with us for our entire time visiting. The very large room had just the right furnishings, but when I found four REAL wine glasses on the shelf and a cork screw in the drawer I was hooked. Sitting at the bistro table on our own deck overlooking the sun setting on the bay, glasses of wine, awesome. Another great feature of the room is lots of windows on three sides of the room. There were great Door County summer breezes all day. In fact we were able to keep the windows open all night and not be disturbed. As I said, we have been to many places visiting, but you cannot beat our Wisconsin hospitality for a comfortable stay, Lodgings at Pioneer Lane is a great example.

Room Tip: Check out the web site
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 14, 2012

I'm a big researcher when it comes to going on trips. I like to know everything about everything! I found this place on Trip Advisor and read all the great reviews so I knew immediately that this is where we HAD to stay!

I have never stayed at an Inn before, nor did I really know the difference between that and a hotel. Still really don't. I do have to say that when I went on their website to look at all the rooms I was hooked!

I did notice that many places in Door County were not necessarily kid-friendly so before leaving I made a phone call. I have three kids, but two of them were on vacation with their grandparents so that left me with my four year old. I called the Inn to see if it would be OK to take her along and they were MORE than kind about it! They let me know that that rooms were set for only two, but as long as I brought along a place for her to sleep she was welcome there. What a relief!

I had several more phone interactions before we arrived and each time they were more than kind and super helpful which made me even more excited to stay here!

The day we arrived we were greeted by Hugh, who showed us to our rooms and gave us some great suggestions for where to enjoy a good meal. He also told us that Ephraim was a dry village. No alcohol anywhere there. We thought that was great! My husband and I do not drink but the other couple we were traveling with do. We've never experienced this type of service before so his kindness did not go unnoticed! He was also really kind to our daughter and made a special point to talk to her. She felt VERY special and grown up.

I suppose I should back up a bit here and tell you how ADORABLE this Inn is before you even enter it! Once we pulled up I was so excited!!!! There are beautiful flowers planted all over and very nicely maintained grounds. I felt like grabbing a book and just sitting out front enjoying the view of the Inn! The crisp white color of the building with the brightly colored flowers was just gorgeous.

Once we got up to our rooms (We had the Leaf Room, my sister and her husband were in the Cabin Room) we were even more excited! Very clean, very nice, fireplace, hot tub, King size bed with GORGEOUS bedding, nice plush towels, couldn't have asked for more! I gotta tell you, the towels by the bathtub are HUGE! I've never seen a towel that big and fluffy before! Almost the size of a twin size bed! And they were Land's End brand. . .they don't skimp on comfort here!

My four year old spent each night with a fire in the fire place, candles lit, and bubbles in the tub! She felt like a princess! The view from the Leaf Room is great, straight down the street you see the water! Was a nice place to see the sunset! We travel a lot and most times we are rarely in our hotel room, however if you stay here, you're room is a place you'll WANT to be in! I felt like spending time at the Inn was part of the Door County experience!

Each night we sat on the deck and played cards, or used the cute dishes provided to enjoy some of the appetizers and Door County Foods we purchases that day. We made many memories here and will DEFINITELY be back! Our experience was AWESOME!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2012

The perfect place at the perfect time. We stayed in the Leaf Room in mid-May just before busy season. The room was bright and inviting. Everything up-to-date, clean and well maintained. We loved being nestled in just few yards back from the main road. It was quite with a wonderful view.
Hugh and Alicia are friendly, kind and helpful. We'll be coming back for certain!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We stayed in the Cabin Room for two nights. It was incredibly comfortable and spotless. The bed was wonderful with super soft sheets. We were even given an anniversary gift of a package of note cards. The location is great-close enough to walk to everything but far enough back off the road to be private. I can't say enough good things about the Lodgings at Pioneer Lane.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We stayed in the Leaf Room the end of April for our anniversary and it could have not been any better!!! There is no detail missed in what we saw in our room! Updated, modern, cozy, quaint, and just perfect! Loved all of the windows with wide white trim...looking forward to staying sometime when it's warmer to enjoy the breeze through all the windows! Beautiful fireplace, whirlpool, and large shower. It is in a wonderful location, can walk to so many things and everything else you could need is only a short drive away. Very private, never did meet the owners, only saw the housekeeper once. If you are looking for that special get away, it's here! We even forgot my husband's glasses when we left and the owner mailed them back to us very promptly and even covered the cost, saying to not worry about it. Very nice and we have no doubts we will be back!

Room Tip: Leaf room does have a balcony that you have a view of the water.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2012

We've stayed in Door County many times and have experienced alot of different accomodations. We believe the Lodgings... is a real standout inn which we enjoyed very much. We stayed in the "Gift Box" suite and found so many special touches which enhanced our stay there. There are architectural details throughout and a very thoughtful layout. Our suite had a separate living area, a large bedroom with a king-size bed, a beautiful bathroom and a just-right-size mini kitchen. My husband and I will be making an extra trip to Door County this year for a Lodgings at Pioneer Lane experience!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2012

My husband & I stayed at the Lodgings at Pioneer Lane (Leaf Room), this past weekend 03/24 & 03/25/12. The hosts were gracious & informative. Even surprised my husband with a 'little something for his birthday' (an artists print), when we arrived back in our room one afternoon! We love it. Room was spacious, very clean, & has a great view right onto water. Fireplace, microwave, dishes provided (plates, wine glasses, coffee cups, silverware), coffeepot, & refrigerator. Room has blow dryer & nice size whirlpool tub. Also a nice shower. We've stayed in Door County many times & this place is my new favorite. Great location - walking distance to most everything in Ephraim, yet enough off the road to not be noisy. Also very reasonable $$ value. Also has nice deck overlooking water.

Room Tip: Leaf Room on 2nd floor is spacious & has fantastic view onto water!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RobertaHobart
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ephraim
Edgewater Resort
The Eagle Harbor Inn
The Eagle Harbor Inn
#1 of 8 in Ephraim
Thorp House Inn and Cottages

Been to Lodgings at Pioneer Lane? Share your experiences!