“Third time's the charm” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Ephraim
milwaukee wi
“Third time's the charm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

This was my family's third stay at the Pine Grove. We've had bad experiences in the past, this time it was much better. The location and views were great, as were the grounds. The room was much cleaner than in years past, and the staff was much more professional. A few cons: rooms are a bit dark, and the bathrooms are a bit outdated. I'd still recommend the resort.

Room Tip: Get a water facing room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jlas000
GRMgrPGNordic, Guest Relations Manager at Pine Grove Resort, responded to this review, December 9, 2014
Thank you for your loyal patronage in choosing the Pine Grove Resort for your stay for a third time. We are pleased that you enjoyed our convenient location, our great views and amenities, and our accommodating staff. I apologize if your past experience at our resort did not meet your expectations. We strive to ensure that you have the best possible vacation experience and our staff is always here to attend to any question or need you may have. We are working on updates throughout the winter to enhance your guest experience.

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience with us. We hope we can be your host again soon!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Garden Prairie, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

The location is very good and the staff is very nice however, the hotel has paper thin walls and you could hear the guests in the next room. The décor was dated but acceptable. Private beach is for watching the sunset not for swimming.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mark P
Thank you for taking the time to write a review; your feedback is very important to us. I apologize that your stay experience did not meet your expectations. Did you let any of our staff know of your concerns during your stay? Our staff is here to address any needs you may have. We rarely have any complaints about noise and perhaps we could have moved you to a different guest room to make your stay more comfortable. We take pride in the appearance of our resort and work at making upgrades each year to enhance your stay experience. We are one of the few resorts in Ephraim that has its own private beach where our guests have enjoyed swimming and relaxing for many years.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to talk about your stay experience further. Your satisfaction is important to us and we hope to have the chance to serve you again.

Port Washington, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Undecided... Is the best way to describe our stay here.
I'll start with the pros:
Location is perfect close to everything, but still quiet and peaceful
Beautiful views from every room
Clean pool area, hallways, and grounds
Complimentary water and popcorn was a cute touch
The Cons:
The room was not as expected. This was a special birthday/anniversary celebration we haven't been on an adult only vacation in years! So you can image my disappointment when the hotel called me THE DAY BEFORE WE LEFT AT 3pm to tell me that OUR specialty SUITE was double booked... and we were "lucky" there was still another room available. So we took the smaller non-suite room that was available but really what were our options? A weekend in the middle of summer, Everywhere was booked solid. Management apologized and told me this was due to a online reservation system them have. I was promised a "GREAT" rate on our smaller room. We didn't want to cancel our vacation... so we arrived at hotel where we waited 5 minutes for someone to come to the front desk. When she came to the front desk her mouth was full of food and she couldn't talk..... I explained the situation about the double booking. Which she did not know anything about, there was a discount applied to our bill of 5% which was about $10 off per night... I asked to speak with the manger but she was not there and was not allowed to call her. So we waited until checkout and I discussed the situation to a different women at the counter. She was much more professional and able to help us out with a better rate. So had we not had this room error I would have rated this hotel 4 star instead of 3. Additionally there were some Help Wanted signs so perhaps there is just a staffing shortage. Either way I am undecided if I would give this hotel another shot... so I will go with maybe.....

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience with us. We appreciate your positive feedback about our location, grounds, and amenities. I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I further apologize for the inconvenience you experienced in regard to the mix-up with your reservation. Our reservation system is extremely reliable on a regular basis and our staff is very professional. What you experienced is not at all typical of how we do business or how our staff serves you. I am glad that another member of our staff was able to address the situation to your satisfaction.

We would like the opportunity to serve you again in the future, as I'm sure you will find that your stay experience will be an extremely positive one. I would also like the opportunity to talk with you directly regarding your stay. Please contact me at your convenience at the number listed below. Thank you.

(800)292-9494
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Would definitely recommend it to any family or just a couple staying together. They are very courteous, have great rooms along with a pool and love the fact that they have fresh coffee from morning until night! Will come back again for sure!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Eric A
Swede825, General Manager at Pine Grove Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank You for your review and for choosing our resort for your Door County vacation
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

I have stayed here twice with my family incl 2 small children. Its a good hotel. the normal lodge room is, well normal. nothing fancy, neat and clean. But the suite is excellent, has a whirlpool and spectacular view of the lake, very spacious, comfortable and one of the best I have stayed in. The lodge has a small private beach which adds to the attraction. they do provide a free breakfast. It is nothing much to talk about, but saves you time and give an opportunity to eat enjoying the view :)
The service and staff are good and helpful.
It is also close good restaurants and other attractions.
If I stay in door county again, my first preference is Pinegrove.

Room Tip: choose a room with lake view. if you have around $50 to spare, choose the suite.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Pgsdeepak
Thank you for your review for Pine Grove Resort.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

Service was excellent! Manager went out of her way to accommodate our needs. Got us extra chairs for balcony and room. Rooms were clean and good size. Nice balcony. Pool was warm and very nice. Would come again. Everyone very helpful.

• Stayed May 2014
      Rooms
1 Thank jancarp625
What a wonderful review to receive! We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay! I will be sharing your review with our staff and I know they will be as pleased to see it as I was! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the coming year.

Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

Our family has stayed here for over 15 years. We have stayed further north and in Sister Bay in the "early" years, but Pine Grove is everyone's favorite. Rooms are good size, and recently remodeled (except for the awesome seashell showers from the 70s - please don't change them). Each room has a sitting area with table and chairs. All have a patio that faces the water, also with table and chairs.

The two best parts about this hotel are 1) the location: you're right in Ephraim, so it's an easy drive south to Fish Creek and Egg Harbor, north to Sister Bay and beyond, and easy to get across to Bailey's Harbor, and 2) directly across the street is the hotel's private beach. We've spent many mornings sitting there with coffee and many sunsets looking across at Peninsula Park and the islands. And it's a great spot to swim.

The hotel also has an indoor pool and whirlpool, plus a game room. Staff is always wonderful. Nice, simple breakfast with good coffee and scones each morning.

It is not the highest-end hotel in Door, but it's clean, up-to-date, perfectly located, and the beach cannot be beat. No accident that we've been staying here for over 15 of the 25+ years we've been coming to DC.

Room Tip: Rooms on the driveway side have a better water view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
      Rooms
3 Thank MilTosa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ephraim
Edgewater Resort
#4 of 8 in Ephraim
Newport Resort
Newport Resort
#3 of 7 in Egg Harbor

Been to Pine Grove Resort? Share your experiences!