All reviews fire pit second floor king sized bed was very comfortable wonderful view of the bay sunset cruise bathroom area get away ice cream great bed front lawn door county three nights other guests a wonderful place to stay heated pool green bay fall colors
Reviewed August 2, 2016

My wife and I have been vacationing at this hotel for over 40 years, and have always loved the location. The new owners have recently upgraded the room functionality and decor with new walk-in showers, granite vanities, Keurig coffee machines, flat-screen TV's and great new comfortable beds. They have also improved the grounds, beautified the landscaping, and installed a wonderful fire pit where you can relax each night and watch the amazing sunsets. Our heart felt gratitude goes out to the new owners for greatly improving an already outstanding property.

Room tip: Best water views in town!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Steve B
Reviewed July 30, 2016 via mobile

We have been comeing here once or twice a year for a long time. Last year the new ownership improved the rooms and raised the prices. It seemed worth the upcharge. Called for a reservation two weeks early. They only night available was Saturday as it is high season. Ok we stayed 2 hours away the first night as there were no other hotels available....spent the day hanging out waiting for check in. Got to the hotel only to be told we had no room. No other rooms in the area. Four hour drive on a Saturday night. Ruined our whole weekend. They did manage to say they were sorry. Long time customer, ruined (rare time away) weekend and oops so sorry. No other comments or attempt to rectify. Worst hotel experience I ever had.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Scott D
Debbie K, General Manager at The Water Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2016

As the General Manager I am very sorry for the misunderstanding regarding this reservation. When the front desk representative called me that late Saturday afternoon I came in immediately to try and find the error that we may have made. When I arrived the front desk representative was looking up numbers for area hotels to call. I then asked her to wait so I could look through our system and back up procedures to see if there was ever a record of the reservation. I unfortunately could not find anything. I asked if they had received a confirmation from us. They did not receive one nor did they remember giving us their information. I then called multiple locations to see if there was availability anywhere to try and help them find a place for the night. As noted it was high season and there was not a room available in the county. Our policy when taking phone reservations is to always ask for the guest's address, best phone number to contact them, email address to email reservation confirmation to, credit card information and to always verify arrival date and departure date before hanging up. A confirmation is emailed with in 30 minutes of hanging up and if it will be longer we will let the guest know before hanging up. If you do not give us any information and do not receive a reservation confirmation we strongly encourage you call us back immediately. Since there was not any documentation from either party it is not our responsibility to rectify the situation.

Again, we are truly sorry for this unfortunate situation.

Reviewed July 26, 2016

We have always preferred the town of Ephraim over any other town on the peninsula because of the wonderful water views and the fact that it is rather peaceful in relation to some of the others. The Water Street Inn has the best view of Eagle Harbor of any place in Ephraim. This was our first stay there and it met our needs perfectly. Our accommodations were a room only, not a suite or a kitchenette as many of the other places in town have, but that room was newly remodeled and quite lovely, and the price reflected that we didn't have all that other space we didn't need or want to pay for. The staff was welcoming and friendly, and the grounds well-maintained. We enjoyed the nightly fire pit as an opportunity to meet other guests. This will be our new place to stay during our future visits to Door County.

Room tip: The best views are in the main building in the center of the second floor.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Gayle M
Reviewed July 17, 2016

Recently I stayed at the Water Street Inn. It has been remodeled and is a very nice facility. They have one of the finest views of the water anywhere in Door County. The large porch is a real plus. The rooms are very nice and the beds were extremely comfortable. I am disappointed that they do not have a microwave and a small table in the room, and there are no phones in the rooms. This is dangerous in Door County because of the very poor and mostly lacking cell phone service. If there were an emergency during the night, I believe there is a phone somewhere outside. However, in the event of a heart attack, stroke, etc. the lack of a phone could be dangerous and possibly deadly. I think they should reconsider the availability of phone service in each room as well as the addition of a microwave. They also have a very nice fire pit outside which is so enjoyable. It is a very nice facility, but a few changes could make it even better!

1  Thank summerrose1216
Reviewed July 14, 2016

Our room was lovely, faced the Bay and was extremely clean! Wonderful chocolates left on our beds every day. We highly recommended this Inn and the prices are very reasonable! This Inn is destined to become a "Book a year in advance Inn."

Room tip: All rooms have views of the sunset over the Bay.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family