“stay here!”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Ephraim
Rockford, Illinois, United States
“stay here!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Great place to stay in the heart of Door County! Perfect location and great environment. The room is nice and the hot tub/pool area/fireplace was just what were looking forward too. Met the owners and even the guests were super friendly! Make sure to have breakfast next door at summer kitchen!

We actually found this place because they did not require 3 night stay like the rest of the county! Boy did we luck out!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
STREAMWOOD
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The Staff is very friendly and go out of there way to help.
The owners Matt and Augie live at the hotel and our on call 24hrs aday.
The Rooms are clean and the beds are firm just the way I like them.
I like the free wi-fi which worked with no problems for me.
I have stayed in chain hotels and other that charge for wi.fi. (That
did not work as well.)
We did not use the swimming pool or fitness center.
I plan on using this hotel on my next trip to Door County.

Larry B.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kaukauna, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I booked this room at short notice and it was one of the more expensive ones left but because there were limited vacancies everywhere and the cheaper motels had limited wi-fi I chose to spend more and stay here because my wife and I like to spend some time online before going to sleep and also in the morning.

The room was dated, but at least it was clean and in good shape. The mattress was very firm, much too firm for my preference, but the biggest problem was the wi-fi. It was slower than dial-up and kept disconnecting. My wife had the same problem with both her phone and iPad. We finally gave up and went to bed. It was the same problem in the morning. When I brought this up to the front desk in the morning I received an apology and a "we'll have to get that fixed" but nothing else. Being that I spent more to get a decent place with wi-fi I feel the management should have offered some kind of discount on the room but they did not.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SomerInnDC, Owner at Somerset Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We put so much effort into trying to make your stay at Somerset Inn & Suites enjoyable and comfortable. We do have foam mattress toppers available upon request to make for a softer slumber. I’m sorry to hear you were frustrated about our Wi-Fi being slow and that you felt you received poor customer service and resolution from me at departure. Since I was working on the Wi-Fi the front desk, I did not realize there was an issue with the signal where your room was located. At your departure, I thought you were just helpfully letting me know, not that you were seeking a discount. We always want to “make it right” with our guests and we are available 24/7 to attend to any issues right away. I am happy to announce as of October 3rd, we have installed a BRAND NEW WI-FI system in our hotel! We hope you will return to give us a second chance!
Roanoke, Illinois
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Room was very clean and the price was great. I was excited for a full-size coffee pot! We could have settled for a regular room over our deluxe. The weather wasn't exactly balcony type when we visitied. Should have saved ourself some money. Angie was so helpful, giving us ideas on things to do and places to go. I do wish the room had a king size bed, only because that's what we're used to. Other than that, it was great!

Room Tip: Only go with a "deluxe" suite if you know for a fact you're going to use the fireplace...
Mchesney Park
Reviewed September 23, 2013

After a very long and hectic summer of planning and hosting a wedding, followed by a family illness, my wife and I were in need of an extended weekend away to decompress and relax. We wanted a place that was clean, quiet and relaxing.That is exactly what we found when we arrived at the Somerset Inn. We found new owners Matt and Angie to be very friendly, accommodating and knowledgeable of the area and could not have been located in a more perfect location. They are just minutes away from some of the best restaurants and shopping in the Door County area but yet located outside of the hustle and bustle of the city traffic and activity, The room was very clean and well kept. The beds were firm but not rock hard. we Appreciated having the in room refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot as we were able to bring out dinner left overs back to the room and have them for lunch the next day. My wife truly enjoyed getting up every morning with a fresh cup of coffee and relaxing on our private balcony without having to get dressed and run down to a commons area to get it. Although we did not use them, they do have inviting outdoor and indoor pools as well as an indoor whirlpool. They even provide bike racks for those who need them. The grounds were landscaped beautifully with many perennials and offer a nice park like lawn with gas grills for your use. I thought that was thoughtful.

All in all our stay was exactly what we were looking for and all for a price that fell well within our budget. Thank you Matt and and Angie, We will be looking forward to staying with your again on our next trip to your area.

Kirk and Peggy Rasmussen
Machesney Park, Illinois

Des Plaines
Reviewed September 20, 2013

New owners, everything pretty much the same.
Angie (and Matt ) gave my wife and I a warm welcome. We have been staying at Somerset since 1995 and find it to be a great spot for getting to everything.
We'll be back again next Sept.

Room Tip: go for the deluxe suite!
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I thought the room was very clean and it was what I expected for the price. Ive stayed at other places in Door County for similar prices and this was the best of them. I would definitely stay here again. The staff was very nice and accommodating. Really a wonderful place to stay.

1 Thank fonddulac1773
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ephraim
Coachlite Inn of Sister Bay
#2 of 8 in Ephraim
The Landing Resort
The Landing Resort
#4 of 7 in Egg Harbor

Been to Somerset Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!