“Nice, clean hotel”
Review of Bay Breeze Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ephraim
Bay Breeze Resort
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Ephraim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I stayed at the Bay Breeze only one night. It is across the street from the bay but I could see the water, especially when I sat on the small porch outside my room. Debbie and her husband were super nice and it was one of the cleanest and well kept hotels I have stayed in, particularly for its size. I had a microwave, sink, and small frog which came in handy. The bathroom had a nice jetted tub. I was on the lower level and fairly close to the road so I was apprehensive about the noise at night. I slept like a baby and did not hear any traffic on the highway. I did have a little noise from the people upstairs but very little. I liked staying in Ephraim which made it easier to see the northern end of the peninsula. I would stay there again and would rate it a 3 1/2 if I had that option. It is much better than average, but not four star because it is simple, clean but not luxury. Thanks for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Top floor if you can get it but there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed May 20, 2014

This is a great place to stay in Door County. The location is about mid-way up the west coast of the peninsula, so it's a quick drive to anything you may want to see. The hotel itself is very well-kept. It's super clean, with nice landscaping and a spotless pool area. Many of the rooms have either a Jacuzzi or an upgraded shower. Even on a cold weekend in May, the hot tub was kept at the perfect temperature.

Room Tip: Pool-view rooms also have a view of the water.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pam U
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I really like this little town.

This resort is well located just down from the town centre.

I stayed for two nights and could have stayed for a week.

There's a pool in the middle of the property and the weather was conducive to a dip. I'm glad I did. I met a mother and daughter who come here every year. Always a good sign when there is a solid repeat customer base.

My room was on the second floor and I had a good view of the lakes from my room. Watching the storm coming in that night was very dramatic.

With a sink, microwave and sink, I was happily self-sufficient.

The bed and pillows were excellent. Being so close to the home of Kohler, the room had a fantastic multi-jet shower. Spent way too much time soaking in there! The towels were lush.

There's free wifi and onsite parking.

I highly recommend this resort when visiting Door County.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Tucked in the corner of Eagle Harbor in Ephraim, WI sits this quaint little "resort". We chose Bay Breeze because of the ease in scheduling, reasonable cost, and good reviews on Tripadvisor.

Location: The location is fantastic. You can't go wrong with being directly across from the harbor with the crisp air coming in your open windows. You're just a short drive from Fish Creek restaurants and "action", directly next to Peninsula State Park, and surrounded by some really cute shops and delicious breakfast options (a place called Good Eggs -- try it!).

Service: Outstanding. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. The woman at the front desk (who I believe is the owner) let us upgrade our room for no cost and she gave us some wonderful recommendations for places to go. Hint: Go on a wine tour (or DIY wine tour) and visit some of the more tucked away parks.

Room: Our room is the only reason the review received 4 stars. Yes, the grounds were well-kept and adorable for the fall, and the room itself was clean. However, we felt for the cost and the ratings that the rooms would be much nicer. We felt a little like grandpa's basement which is comfortable but you might not want to pay that much to stay there. The fireplace was really great -- it relaxed us each evening with a plastic cup of wine. The room didn't say "resort" but more like "motel" where some upgrades needed to be made. Don't get me wrong, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom had some nice updates. However, it felt as if the room itself was outdated, a bit worn (especially the couch), and could use some TLC. Perhaps they are in process of updating and this room just hadn't made the full cut yet, but we were surprised considering we'd received a room upgrade....can only wonder what the other room was like!

All in all, it really was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AFtraveler17
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed here for a few nights during our first trip to DC in June 2013. It's a very cute resort with nice amenities. We didn't swim, but the pool and pool area looked very nice and well taken care of. The small private beach across the street was lovely - peaceful place to spend part of your day. Our room was very private, spacious, clean, and well appointed - we stayed in the suite that's above the lobby. It had a very large main area, nice kitchenette, big jacuzzi tub, and a fantastic Kohler rain shower. The resort's location is good for walking into Ephraim, but it's just a bit outside the busy section of the city so it is a bit peaceful and quiet. The resort would be a good place for couples looking to get away (as we were) or perfect for families as well. We'd definitely recommend it, and we'll be back!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Two_Travel_Bugs_WI
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We picked this resort mainly due to it's high ratings on TripAdvisor and I think it lived up to it's ratings. Another reason we chose to go here because they did not require a 2 night minimum stay on the weekend where other places wanted that. We split our long weekend with 2 nights in door county and 2 additional days in the northwoods.

My wife and I stayed in a Deluxe Single Poolside Queen with our 2 year old daughter. The room was nice and clean, the small kitchenette was convenient and our daughter enjoyed the huge whirl pool tub. There is also a nice little private beach across the street. The grounds were very well landscaped and taken care of.

Ephraim is a great place to stay in Door County. It was a nice and quiet little town, where some of the other towns seemed a lot more busy and tourisity. Ephraim seemed centrally located and we could get anywhere in a relatively short time period. The nice lady at the desk gave us a wonderful map with plenty of great places to see during the day. We hit up Ellison Bluff, Northport Car Ferry, Newport State Park, Seaquist Orchard's Farm Market, Penninsula State Park, Whitefish Dunes and The Farm.

We will be back and we highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank medlhuber
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Two girlfriends and I spent two nights at this lovely hotel. We had two beds in two separate rooms. Nice bathroom with a Jacuzzi tub. Coffeemaker and coffee, small refrigerator and sink in the main room. The grounds are lovely. There are beautiful flowers, shrubs and bushes. We loved the view of the bay.

Room Tip: If you want a full water view, be sure to ask when you book your room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank sheryljean
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ephraim
Edgewater Resort
#3 of 10 in Fish Creek
Somerset Inn & Suites
Somerset Inn & Suites
#3 of 8 in Ephraim

Been to Bay Breeze Resort? Share your experiences!