“Could have been better.”
Review of Bay Breeze Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ephraim
Bay Breeze Resort
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Ephraim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sheboygan, Wisconsin, United States
“Could have been better.”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Our check in was unsettling. The lady at the desk was very rude and quick with us. This was our first time being in Door County so thankfully after visiting other establishments we had found that the other locals were very friendly. At first glance the room looked wonderful, smelt great and seemed clean. I have never been in a whirlpool before so we picked a room with one. Shortly after we arrived to the room I went to fill the tub up to have my first experience. I bent over to fill it up and saw a lot of hair within the tub. I immediately called the desk and was told "We don't have any rooms the size of yours available, but we can put you in a smaller one." I said no thanks, that won't work. I was then told, "Well, I can come swipe the hair up for you." I again said no thanks, I can do that myself. I began to clean the tub out myself when the phone rang, it was Debbie. She had offered to have someone come and clean the tub out for us. We took her up on the offer. When I was cleaning the tub, the suction cover fell off and was absolutely disgusting within. When the lady came to clean the tub (who was very rude and seemed very bothered to come by the way) I had told her what happened. She did clean the tub and used so much bleach we had to open the windows. When she left I had to then rinse out the tub and the plumbing to settle the smell of bleach in our room. After our evening outing we decided to watch TV and relax. The TV was very small for the distance it was from the seating. When we had gone to bed that night my husbands pillow had smelled like someones sweat. For them calling themselves a "resort" and the price we had paid to stay the night, I was not impressed what so ever. The experience we had I would have expected from somewhere half the price of what we had paid.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Amber C
baybreezedc, Owner at Bay Breeze Resort, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Amber,

My family, our entire staff and I want to apologize that your stay at the Bay Breeze Resort didn't meet your expectations. The Bay Breeze Resort wholeheartedly appreciates your patronage. We take great pride in making sure guests feel welcome and that each room is immaculate upon check-in and throughout your stay. We would have appreciated the opportunity to make this right for you before you left.

After we spoke, I called back and left a message wanting to make sure everything was done to your satisfaction and to see if there was anything else we could do to make sure your stay would be a great experience. When I didn't hear back from you, I assumed everything was fine. We are so sorry for any discomfort you experienced while staying with us. No matter what the concern, it is our mission to make sure guests are happy and comfortable. My husband and I are available 24/7 and in the event of a complaint, we want our guests to leave knowing we did everything in our power to make it right.

We appreciate and encourage constructive feedback. After seeing your photos we spoke with our plumber. He looked at the tub in the room you stayed in. Your pictures show discolored suction covers and pipes. He said this is very common in Door County. This discoloration is due to minerals in the water and only affects the piping system. Please rest assured, the water at the Bay Breeze is tested every three months. We've never had a sample deemed unsafe. We are proactive in promoting the health and wellness of our guests and sanitize our whirlpools and showers after every check-out with a bleach sanitizer recommended by the State Inspector.

In addition, we are excited to announce, as of August 2012, we have contracted for the installation of flat screen TVs in all rooms. We are also in the process of additional upgrades and will keep guests posted on our website.

Amber, we appreciate your business and hope you will give us another chance to make this right.

Warm Regards,

Debbie & Gary Krause
Owners, Bay Breeze Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This resort was recommended to us by some friends where we all decided to take a trip together. 4 of us in a 2 room 1 bathroom unit. The room was clean and had several ammenities: coffee pot, refridgerator, a/c, comfortable, motorcycle friendly & comfortable after a long ride. The pool and jacuzzi are sufficient and clean. What impressed me the most was their beautiful flower gardens. It is apparent they spent many hours taking care of this and take pride in doing so. Across the street is a private little cove to sit down & look at the water. while eating a scone and drinking your coffee where it can be purchased right next, total convenience. The owner is extremely friendly and helpful. You can even watch movies in your room and they have quite a variety for you to enjoy! I will return as the location is perfect to see all of Door County.

Room Tip: One with a view!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kruznsuzan1
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We arrived in Ephraim without a reservation and found many inns, including our usual place, full. We stopped at the Visitor Center for suggestions and were told Bay Breeze had a cancellation. Lucky us. We were greeted warmly and shown to a lovely, clean room. The grounds and flowers are spectacular and we felt like we were staying in the middle of a beautiful garden. We had an overall impression of great attention to detail and guest comfort.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Indiana
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We have stayed at Bay Breeze Resort at least 6 times. In making reservations for our Sister and Sister in Laws stay the owner recommended the rain shower suite. It is a two bedroom with shared bathroom. I loved the rain shower and want to figure out how to duplicate it in my upstairs bathroom at home. With talking with the owner she says she picks 3 rooms a year and totally updates and redoes them. That is what keep the place looking so fresh. I liked to turn the fireplace on to take the chill off and liked that it was on a timer so it did not get too warm.

It was a wonderful stay and the only suggestion I would have is the bedrooms could each have another mirror added. The only mirrors are above sink in bathroom and above sink in large bedroom. It made it hard for 4 girls sharing that space.

Also it would be nice for repeat customers to get a discount. The girls thought the room was a bit pricy for stay during the week.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Madison, WI
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in the bay view suite with the two person rain shower. On check-in the staff was very nice and extremely helpful. The motel grounds were wonderfully decorated for fall. The room was probably one of the cleanest we have ever seen. Very nicely furnished and the bed was very comfortable. We thoroughly enjoyed our weekend at this resort. Only negative was that second floor is not handicap accessible, one flight of stairs maybe difficult for some.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Barneveld, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Showing up in Door County without reservations, on a Monday night, in October, not a big worry. But where to stay? Usually I do research, but we decided to look for someplace to stay with curb appeal. This had it. Small property. Absolutely amazing landscaping, the flowers were gorgeous and still smelled like summer. The check in lady, wish I had gotten her name, was Very friendly. Our room was hyper clean, eat off the floor clean, spotless, never have I seen a bathroom so clean. I did not get my usual heebee geebies and actually sat on the bedspread. Comfy bed, good pillows but it would have been nice to have a comfy chair to sit in and watch tv or read. One night, not so bad, more nights, might get annoying. The beach was located across the street, not a big deal this time of year, may be more a hassle in summer. It was a nice beach, watched the sun set in some colorful beach chairs. We made the right decision.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Just returned from a five-day trip to Door County and enjoyed our second stay at Bay Breeze. It's a comfortable, welcoming place that's centerally located and reasonably priced. PROS: It's always very clean and seems to be maintained very well. Never looks "run down". Love having access to a "private" beach just across the street. CONS: Not many. Like others, I wish there were a comfortable chair for night-time reading or TV watching, and the TVs are ancient. They definitely need to be bigger! But all in all, I'd recommend Bay Breeze, and my family hopes to make it an annual stop.

Room Tip: We have stayed in rooms 201, 202, and 207, and all had great views of the Bay and were clean and ver...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ephraim
Edgewater Resort
Somerset Inn & Suites
Somerset Inn & Suites
#3 of 8 in Ephraim
Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort

Been to Bay Breeze Resort? Share your experiences!