“good food, long wait time”

Second Story Restaurant in the Ephraim Shores Motel
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Enjoy our fresh, local, and homemade cuisine with a front seat view of the beautiful Ephraim Harbor.
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The food was very good (I had the Norwegian meatballs) once we got seated. The place was/is so popular that we had a 45 minute wait to be seated. That was the only drawback.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We arrived to eat breakfast and the restaurant was busy. We had asked if they old accommodate a group of 8. The hostess seemed to be really "put out" that we asked and initially said no. Ok, we don't have to all sit together, we can be flexible as long as we could get two separate tables, four each. We were about to get seated and then realized this establishment is not handicapped accessible....we did wind up having to leave, as there was no way for one of our individuals to get up to the second story. So, I cannot comment on the food, however the overall attitude of workers there is not pleasant,

2  Thank Sandra g
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Second Story restaurant Fri Oct 11 (early dinner). Highlights: beautiful view of sunset over Eagle Harbor, great hostess, good food portions, reasonable prices. It was moderately busy and I was seated promptly. The rest was a big let down. Seating area is somewhat small and lacking atmosphere (except front with view). Server (in shorts and sneakers) who didn't have much interest in my presence or representing the restaurant, had trouble understanding some English, which I also noticed at other tables he waited. I ordered the perch as it was the special and one hopes something special is done to highlight that evenings choice. But the price was no different than the regular menu. Pay $3 more for the salad bar? But it was so small and uninteresting I opted for an included house salad (quite good--I liked the "red" French dressing). Menu says basket of rolls and muffins, but I received a small plate with two cold little rolls and one even tinier muffin that literally could be eaten it in one bite. The butterfly perch had a nice light breading and appearance, but their taste was just insipid (i.e., blah). When I asked for some extra lemons, I received two small wedges. Fortunately the wedge potatoes were crisp, tasty and freshly made. While not a horrible experience, this restaurant left me with no particular desire to return, much less stay for desert. I've heard people say come here for breakfast, so maybe that's its strength.

1  Thank RGJones_WI
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Eggs Benedict were wonderful, wonderful hollandaise!! English muffin toasted crispy way we like it. The quiche was OK. Not the best I've had. But toast was great. Seems funny to complilment toast, but most restaurants just do a horrible job of it (and so simple to get right!). We asked for it to be "toasted" and it was and buttered perfectly! Wouldn't rate the hash browns that high. Don't bother. Service was very good and the view is wonderful. Would go back.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

The food was average, not bad, but not especially good. My companions were all satisfied with their meals, but no one was raving about how good it was. Our server was quite pleasant and did a good job. The dining room is a little cramped. The view of the harbor is very nice and we enjoyed a lovely sunset (after the meal, all the water front tables were full). The restaurant is on the second floor and the restrooms are on the bottom floor. There is no handicap accessibility. Not a good choice for the elderly or others with issues climbing stairs.