Edgewater Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Somerset Inn & Suites(Ephraim)(Great Value!)
$79
$119
$119
Pine Grove Resort(Ephraim)(Great Value!)
$96
$93
Bay Breeze Resort(Ephraim)(Great Value!)
$51
The Inn at Little Sister Hill(Sister Bay)(Great Value!)
$79
Open Hearth Lodge(Sister Bay)(Great Value!)
$85
Ephraim Motel(Ephraim)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfish boilold post officethird floorfull kitchendoor countyoff seasonbedroom cottagebeautiful viewfront porchbath saltsget awaywater viewbeautiful roompeninsula state parkhot tubwonderful stayfish creek
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Our first floor King Suite was spacious, nicely decorated and easy to share for our family of three. We loved the sunset views and made great use of the pool, the picnic tables and the gas grill. We found the kitchen to have all the pots, pans, dishes, glassware and utensils we required as well as a full size refrigerator. This location was ideal for local strolls for ice cream, kayaking and sailing, as well as a great jumping off place centrally located to drive to Door County beaches, State Parks, the drive-in, miniature golf and other attractions. The staff of the Edgewater Resort helped us plan a birthday celebration recommending a bakery and helping us by purchasing helium balloons on our behalf which saved us a 40 minute drive each way to the party store.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennifer N
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Edgewater is a venerable hotel in Door County, having been in operation for well more than a century. My wife and I spent a week there this summer and found the location to be very good, the view of Eagle Harbor to be lovely, and the facilities in our room to be very good in almost all respects. While we might have minor quibbles about the size of the whirlpool tub (tiny), the really hard mattress, or the noisy breakfast service right outside our window, these are small matters in an overall very positive stay. Recommended for those looking for an attractive, comfortable, and conveniently located place to stay in Door County, but if you are looking for a couple’s get-away, this might not be the place. There were lots of children running around and slamming doors at 6:30 in the morning and even with earplugs, we were awakened daily by the din.

Room Tip: Might want to stay on the south end of the property - away from the restaurant.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank docboar
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Serendipity: I was in Door County for work and happened upon the Edgewater Resort website (http://www.edge-waterresort.com), made the reservation without much research or anticipation. Imagine my surprise as we drove up Hwy 42 to have our GPS direct us to turn into the hotel with the most picturesque shoreline--directly across from Eagle Bluff-Eagle Tower in Peninsula Park, and with its own tranquil bay. As the days unfolded, and we had time for further exploration, I was astounded: I had chosen the Edgewater almost blindly and yet had picked the most beautiful location we experienced on the entire peninsula. The hotel is wonderful apart from its location, too, with staff who will go far above and beyond to assist you. (I had the need to get a gift ready for my parents' 62nd wedding anniversary and Adrienne not only recommended the perfect shop, but went out of her way to call ahead, checking on their hours and if they had what I was looking for.) Since these were work days for me, I had questions that likely don't come up for the staff; each was met with helpfulness and genuine desire to make my stay both pleasant and efficient. The room served us perfectly, with a complete kitchen, space for my husband to conduct his business. Lovely, thoughtful and practical describe the appointments, making for vacation comfort and work efficiency. I would absolutely recommend the Edgewater and very much hope to stay there again! I hope you do, too!

Room Tip: I would perhaps not choose the corner room on the first floor again, as you loose a little privacy--not a bad trade-off at all, though, given how very spacious it was.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank jenniferb6015
Reviewed July 5, 2012

What a great experience !! My wife and I stayed one night which was our 25th wedding anniversary and were very pleased with the awesome customer service and condition of the room. We found the bed to be very comfortable and the room to be clean. We stayed in room 212 and the sunset was amazing ! Bring your camera. Adrriane(spelling) at the front desk was so nice and helpfull, I wish every experience at a hotel was this nice. Thank You Edgewater Resort !

Room Tip: Get a second floor room
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tony S
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Ephraim is the town to stay because of the location and the expanse of strip along the water, seldom seen in other areas of Door county. This hotel is clean and bright and will meet your needs well if you know what to expect. The suite we stayed in was on the second floor over looking the post office restaurant and fish boil fire pit. The hotel staff did attempt to encourage us to get a "better view" for about $75.00 per night more, we were staying 5 nights so we stuck with our choice. We were very glad because in truth, there is no bad view at this place and each room on the upper levels have balconies with rockers that over look the water. Unless you absolutely must see water from every angle while you are in your room, then there really is no need to pay the higher rate because the water is there the moment you open your door. The kitchen was good but bring your own frying pan if you want to cook eggs because theirs is not non stick. We had our 11 and 14 year old with us and it worked great.The pool is clean and refreshing, the view is awesome and the rooms are all updated and comfortable. I do think that if you want the full experience, do not stay on the first floor because you will lose the view. Also, ask if your room is right in front of a staircase, those rooms appeared to be quite noisy when people arrive. Only criticism is that if you stay in the summer know that the air conditioning is in the living room only so the kids tend to freeze and the adults need to keep the door open and use the ceiling fan in the bedroom to be reasonably comfortable. It was record high temps when we stayed so it would not be a problem most of the year.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms by the stairs. First floor directly in front of pool will have limited view, choose higher level if you can.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family