“Fantastic Food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Fantastic Food”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I arrived at the restaurant around 8:45 am on a Thursday (after Labor Day). There was only one couple seated outside and one inside. Within 30 minutes the place was buzzing with activity. The waiter was prompt, pleasant and informative regarding the menu. My wife ordered the "Traditional Breakfast" of eggs, fried potatoes, ham and a scone. I ordered the "Meat Lovers Scramble" with 3 meats, two cheeses, potatoes and a scone. We ordered both meals with "locally grown eggs" which were fresher, supposedly tasted better and supported the local economy....we couldn't tell the difference from regular eggs. My wifes eggs were very tasteful and prepared just as she ordered them....over medium. She got a VERY large piece of tasteful ham. She enjoyed her entire breakfast and felt it was great. My scramble was well seasoned as were the potatoes and the portion was sizeable. We both had rasberry white chocolate scones and they were amongst the best we've ever had....MUCH more moist than most scones and not at all crumbly and the taste was encredible. We ordered a dozen of the scones to pick up tomorrow morning to take home with us and we will have breakfast at the Chefs Hat before we hit the road. We highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank 2011CamaroSS

Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Hidden gem in Ephraim”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a hidden gem in Ephraim. We have had both breakfast and lunch here - both times are worth coming back for. The staff is wonderful and the service is very good. We like it because it is a bit different in menu selections. We also can bring our two dogs with us and they are very welcome - the outside seating area is nice with a nice view of Ephraim harbor and bluffs. Even though Ephraim is a 'dry' town, you can bring your own wine - they cannot serve you but they supply an opener and glasses - you just have to pour your own - we have not done this yet but plan on trying for dinner at our next visit. Small menu but interesting and very good. Another 'local' suggestion, which we like.

Visited August 2013
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Terrible”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The service was so bad, I could not even say what the food was like. We were there for almost 2 hours. We called in advance and got on a wait list for breakfast. When we arrived, it was chaos. There did not seem to be a designated host/hostess, no one greeted us and "checked us in", people were massed in the front room, and it was tense. Worse, when we were seated, our waiter was scattered and ornery. We waited a long time before anyone came by to offer us drinks. When our waiter finally arrived, he started by telling us he was busy, asked us for our order, then cut us off to go and pick up food for another table. When he returned, he rushed us through the order, got huffy when my wife asked questions about the menu, and generally had a bad attitude. We waited way too long for our food. Another server dropped it with such haste, we did not even have time to ask for ketchup, butter, or coffee refills. No one asked us how our food was. When I finally got our waiter's attention, I barely had time to ask for coffee before he cut me off to talk to another patron. Then he walked off before I could ask him for ketchup. I said excuse me (in a polite tone), and he turned, glared, and kept walking. When he came back with coffee, I asked for ketchup, and he became visibly irritated. He walked off before my wife could ask for a refill of decaf. When he dropped the ketchup at our table, he never broke stride. We were there for about 2 hours. I got 1 refill of coffee and my wife did not get any. We were in door county for 3 days. This place was the only bad experience we had. Everywhere else we ate was either great or good.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Adam C
Neenah, Wisconsin
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Great service and excellent food. Scones are great at breakfast along with the scramblers. Patio seating with a view of the bay.

Visited August 2013
St. Louie
“Breakfast on the Bay”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Wow! DELICIOUS! Everything was so tasty! I had a scramble with onions and peppers and all kinds of goodies. So tasty! My husband raved how good his over medium eggs were 2 days in a row. I think the oil they use must be the secret! The scones were warm & tasty.
I had apple cinnamon 1 day & white chocolate raspberry the next. No butter needed! I am now a fan of scones! Coffee was excellent like a starbucks. Not watered down, rich & bold! Prices reasonable. Sat outside, wonderful view! A+ Chefs Hat!

• Visited August 2013