“Best Waitress Award should go to Clarissa!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Summer Kitchen Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 11 Restaurants in Ephraim
Cuisines: American, Soups, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Summer Kitchen is renowned for its homemade soups, fresh bread and yummy desserts. At least five different soups are available daily. Order a single cup, two cups, a bowl or our Taster's cups and enjoy! All lunch entrees include a cup of soup. Dinner entrees are served with a baked potato, a side of vegetables, homemade bread and your choice of soup or salad.
Escanaba
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Waitress Award should go to Clarissa!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2014

My daughter and I have been vacationing in Door County for the past 6 yrs. We ALWAYS go to the Summer Kitchen and LOVE it! The food is delicious and the service is the BEST. We have been taken care of by Clarissa several times and she is so sweet and aims to please. She should get a Best Waitress Award! Thank you, Summer Kitchen! And thank you, Clarissa! (Hope I spelled her name correctly)

• Visited August 2014

North Miami, Florida
“Good food, quick service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2014

We stopped by this restaurant at the end of our week in Door County. We really enjoyed the variety of soups available, and their fresh bread is delicious. Meals came quickly, plates adorned with fresh ripe fruit. My dad said his Angus burger was probably the best he'd ever had. And you can't leave Door County without having a piece of cherry pie... theirs is a good-sized slice with a nice flaky crust and cherry filling topped with whipped cream. We left very happy and satisfied.

Visited August 2014
Andover, Minnesota
“Could it have been worse?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

It was only me in the early morning, and no one was in the place; but still....from the server saying "just one!" and her overpowering perfume, to having to ask for a coffee refill in an empty restaurant, to the cook who decided omlette means scrambled eggs, to walking in on said cook sitting on the pot in the bathroom because he didn't know how to lock a door either, to the fly buzzing my head, rancid cooking oil smell, and listening to the waitress have a conversation on her cell phone behind me....I will pass on ever eating there again. I would give less than one star if I could.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank JLeeOlson
Lewisville, Texas
“Great soup buffet and pies”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Went here with my wife and friends, who are regulars. They have an extensive menu but have a great soup bar of 5 soups.

I had the all can eat soup which comes with fresh bread and a cherry sparkle (cherry juice and 7Up). My wife had an excellent grilled cheese sandwich.

For dessert we shared their excellent cherry and four-berry pie. Service was very good and attentive.

I would absolutely go back, especially for the soup.

Stratford, Wisconsin, United States
“Food was ok but overpriced.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

It is an ok building but way overpriced for what you get. Homecooked food, decent quality but 13+ for a lunch is a lot for average family.

Visited August 2014