“Don't Bother”

Ranked #8 of 13 Restaurants in Ephraim
Cuisines: Mexican, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Description: The Summer Kitchen is renowned for its homemade soups, fresh bread and yummy desserts. At least five different soups are available daily. Order a single cup, two cups, a bowl or our Taster's cups and enjoy! All lunch entrees include a cup of soup. Dinner entrees are served with a baked potato, a side of vegetables, homemade bread and your choice of soup or salad.
Reviewed July 7, 2011

My husband and I went to the Summer Kitchen this evening for dinner. We couldn't get past the prices. I had spinach and mushroom quiche and my husband had a grilled cheese sandwich. Total without tip was $30.00. The mushroom soup was good. It's included in the price of the meal, which is likely what makes the meal so absurdly expensive. The $13 quiche's crust was soggy, which led me to believe it was far from fresh. The $11 grilled cheese was okay, but what can be done to grilled cheese? We've crossed it off our list.

Reviewed July 5, 2011

The only thing saving this from a worse rating is that you can get some decent soup here, which is all my wife and I tried, however two coffee-sized cups of soup and two soft drinks was all it took to bring our bill total to $18. Too expensive for what you get.

1  Thank holleon
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We stopped in to simply check out a new place. Everything was pretty much as we expected, until we looked at the prices. Yikes!! I decided to get the whitefish tacos, and they were really very good, but they should have been about half the price they were. Oh sure, included in the meal is a visit to the soup bar, which was good as well, but still.
If you go, expect to get pretty good food at a really high price (for what you get).

1  Thank martinaxe
Reviewed June 18, 2011

This restaurant has, hands down, the most charming decor in Door County. We sat on the porch. I have been coming here for years and was not disappointed!! The soup is wonderful, and so is the fresh bread!! I had a sandwich, which was flavorful and hot. It is also an excellent option if you want a light lunch to just have a cup of soup and bread! Great lunch!!

1  Thank atticus5335
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Everytime I visit Door County I go to the Summer Kitchen. I just love the atmosphere & the food. It's a nice lighter menu for a perfect summer day! My husband & my father-in-law like the food, but not the portions, my father-in-law says it's "ladies" portions. That is one of the things I do like about it, I don't feel like I can't walk after I finish my meal. Everything is always fresh & the soup is outstanding! It's a great place to lunch!