“Relaxing Getaway Destination”
Review of Parkside Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ellison Bay
Parkside Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ellison Bay
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My wife and I had the great fotune to spend time in Northern Door County, WI and at the Parkside Inn in Ellison Bay. What a wonderful little spot! Ellison Bay is a great central location for the northern end of the county: about 15 minutes from the "Tip-of-the-Thumb" & the ferry dock to Washington and Rock Islands to the north, or Fish Creek to the south.

The Parkside Inn was the perfect home base for us to explore this wonderful area. The in had a very comfortable king sized bed and spacious room for us to spread out in. It was very quite and relaxing. It's location right across from the Ellison Bay Women's Club beach was fun, as there is a really nice beach area, public restrooms, tennis courts, very large gazebo, beautiful gardens, and many things for the little kids to play on. The Parkside Inn itself, has a lovely little outdoor seating area with tables and grills for your use.

Owner's Andy and Erin have done a wonderful job of creating a very comfortable and relaxing destination!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mark A

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had a wonderful time at the Parkside Inn! My husband and I were visiting Door County for the first time while celebrating our wedding anniversary. The manager was very nice and he was very helpful. He told us all about the area and gave us great ideas on where to spend our time. It is true that Ellison Bay is on the quiet side but we loved exploring all day and coming back to a peaceful room. The price is very reasonable and I would recommend the Parkside Inn to anyone who wants a relaxing stay in Door County.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Katie W
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Rustic, for sure . . . no hair dryer, no iron, no phone . . . to give you an idea. Coffee available in the office at 7:00 a.m., if the manager remembers to get there in time to make it. This place needs work, or it will be off limits to anyone but the most frugal traveler. With the glorious surroundings of Door County, we did not stay in our room except to sleep. If we had been confined there due to bad weather, we would have forfeited our prepaid accommodation and found a better one. The price is right ( a third of what fancy places charge nearby), but it is at rock bottom for upkeep. Too bad, as the location is superb.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank GermaWashingtonstate
Reviewed August 10, 2012

If you read the previous review, I am the sister with the smelliest room. It smelled like rotten food and I literally gagged upon entering the room. When I asked for a different room, the manager handed me an almost empty can of air freshener and basically said use this; we're completely booked. My car was the only car in the parking lot at the time. The next day, I got attitude from the maid because I had put the indoor "welcome mat" outside trying to rid the room of smell. She then used a carpet freshener, not much help and told me she wished they had a carpet cleaner. The towels were frayed, old and also smelly. My mom opened a "freshly" delivered washcloth only to have a giant spider crawl out at her. There is not an ice machine, you need to get ice from office which closes at 7:00 p.m. Not very convenient. DO NOT stay at this place.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lori L
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We had stayed at this motel years ago a few times and it was nice. Well that was at least 15 years ago and they obviously haven't done anything to it since. The outside of the place looks nice and is very deceiving. The inside of the rooms, we rented 3 for varous family members, were old and outdated. All 3 rooms were VERY SMELLY. My room was very damp and musty. I would put on a damp clothes every morning. My Sisters' was the worst, it actually smelled like somebody died in there. She told the Manager and he handed her an old rusty can of air freshener. That didn't help. The towels were old and frayed and went well with the old disgusting bedspread. The vinyl bathmat in my bathroom had mold growing on it. They make you pay for your stay in advance so we were stuck. They require a 2 week notice to cancel. Whatever you do - do not stay here. I can't believe some people gave this dump a 5 star rating !!! They must be the owners friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank linda l
Reviewed December 20, 2011

We stayed one night...had planned to stay more. The room was not clean. The staff not helpful. Keep looking....

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Georgiana_Schwandt
Reviewed October 13, 2011

This was our first time staying at the Parkside Inn. We were pleasantly surprised, the room was very spacious compared to some other hotels that we have stayed at. It was very quiet inside the room, we couldn't hear any street noise, which you could hear once you opened the door and we couldn't hear any sound from our neighbors on each side. It was the Pumpkin Patch Festival weekend and they were booked solid. Great stay for the price. They also have Otis Spunkmeyer muffins and coffee or tea for breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Somerset Inn & Suites
Somerset Inn & Suites
#3 of 8 in Ephraim
AppleCreek Resort- Hotel & Suites

Been to Parkside Inn? Share your experiences!