“Fiddlesticks”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Elkhorn
“Fiddlesticks”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This is one of the few restaurants that we will go to in Elkhorn. The breakfast menu is amazing. My favorite is the bananas fosters crepes. The door county cherry roll is also great. My husband enjoys their omlets. The service has always been good when we go there.

• Visited August 2012

Tucson, Arizona
“German Pancakes, Anyone?”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Met friends here for breakfast which turned into a three hour affair. The German Pancakes filled with apples and covered with caramel sauce were to die for. The egg/cheese/strata dish was wonderful! One of the guys got good old Biscuits with Gravy and they met his strict Southern expectations. The wait staff regularly refilled our coffee cups and water glasses. The only thing this restaurant was missing was an expresso menu. Although we were still talking at lunch, we didn't eat a second meal as we were too full. In fact, I didn't eat until dinner. However, the lunch special of the day was Chicken and Dumplings which looked so-o-o-o good. If I still lived in Southern Wisconsin, this would be a destination restaurant for me.

• Visited September 2012
Silvis, Illinois
“Oh yeah!”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Trip home from Milwaukee and needed food. Found this place just off the beatin path in elkhorn. Started w homemade doughnuts, this is a must, then ordered side of French toast and the eggs strata. All was fantastic and the atmosphere was relaxing, clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and prompt. Check it out.

• Visited July 2012
Delavan, WI
“Great for Lunch; Friday Fish Not So Much”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I had been treated to lunch earlier in the week at Fiddlesticks and had a wonderfully-fresh, unique salad. I've been to Fiddlesticks for three to four other lunches, and everything has always been good. A friend mentioned that she liked their Friday fish fry so when my daughter and I were looking for a fish fry, I suggested Fiddlesticks. It was the worst fish fry that I have ever had. I am a life-long Wisconsinite so that means I know a quality fish fry when I have one.

Although it was a generous portion, two pieces of fish were not good (moldy-taste); the third one was edible. My potato pancakes were bland. My daughter's fish was greasy and limp, and she had the worst-looking and tasting French fries of her life! Everything looked like it had been cooked beforehand and then reheated in oil to try to get it crispy. We picked around our plates but were sorely disappointed in this. I would recommend Fiddlesticks for lunch, but that fish fry will stick in my head for a long time.

• Visited June 2012
“Good food, poorly managed establishment”
Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

We visited this establishment late on a Sunday morning. We were seated after about a 15 minute wait. We were promptly told everything they were out of : clean forks, clean glasses, tomato juice (no bloody Mary ), doughnuts, etc. After placing our order we waited an hour for our food and then only got partial orders with our hashbrowns arriving 10 minutes after the rest of our food. This is a small restaurant so it is unclear why they could not plan for the number of people/tables they will serve on a typical Sunday morning. We wasted far too much of our day waiting. The food is good but not worth the hassle and time wasted waiting. We did speak to the manager. She was a bit defensive but did comp our drinks. Still will not return.

3 Thank wheatzor