“Not Homestyle Breakfast”

Americinn Lodge & Suites Elkhorn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Elkhorn
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Our stay was pleasant until we went to the "Homestyle Breakfast" that they raved about. Poo quality food, hardly any food options,.and long waits for food...and it was not overly busy at the time. Poor.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
ElkHotel, Front Office Manager at Americinn Lodge & Suites Elkhorn, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2014

Thank you for the review. I am glad your stay was pleasant. We hope to see you again if you are in the area.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

This hotel doesnt hold a candle to other Americinn hotels. I always make it a point to stay at this chain for their cleanliness and great breakfast. There were guests smoking in the hallways without staff telling them to go outside. Smoke smell was so bad, had to sleep with curtain, window open and fan running all night. less the convience factor of an air conditioned hotel room. The pool water was cold, kids were disappointed. The breakfast was just average in comparison to all other Americinns I have stayed in. The main hotel, rooms and lobby are kept very clean with new carpet, but the outside appeal at the entrance needs a little attention. I stayed in this particular hotel about 7 years ago and I was extremely happy, but this time around will be my last.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
ElkHotel, Front Office Manager at Americinn Lodge & Suites Elkhorn, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Thank you for the feedback. I am very sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations on this trip. I will forward your comments about the entryway to the owner to be addressed.

Our entire hotel is smoke free and staff does monitor this and does ask guests to smoke outside if we are aware that is occurring. I appreciate you brining the issue to my attention and I will be sure to reiterate the smoking procedure to the staff to be sure it is being followed.
I'm sorry to hear you will not stay with us in the future and I do hope you will give us another opportunity to show that this certainly is not the norm at our hotel.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Room was clean, service excellent, just had a couple minor problems, but overall very happy. first room was musty and humid. got a new room right away, but then the fridge made noise all night long, and the toilet kept running and we could not get it to shut off. didn't want to complain a 2nd time, but i would still recommend this hotel as a great value for the $

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Thank you for your comments. I'm very glad that staff took care of your problem right away. I'm sorry to hear about the noise issues in the 2nd room. I had maintenance take care of the this as a result of your informing us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

The customer service is great. We stayed in a whirlpool suite and one of the buttons were broken on the whirlpool. The place where the water filled up the whirlpool also came off. There was also a damp musty smell in the room. I also rented two rooms with two queen size beds and these did not seem to have the same musty smell. The smell might have been from the whirlpool. The breakfast was pretty good because they had some gluten free options: string cheese, sausage patties, oatmeal, eggs, apples (the better kind - not the normal red delicious gross ones), and bananas.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

Thank You for your response. I apologize for the problems with your whirlpool and appreciate you letting us know, as a result maintenance was able to take care of the issues.
We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Very easy to get to. Quiet area, great to rest and relax after a hard day at the Jefferson Swap meet. Rooms very updated, lots of good channels to watch, pool and work-out room very nice. We come here once a year for the show and enjoy a restful night after a day in the sun and on our feet.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
ElkHotel, Front Office Manager at Americinn Lodge & Suites Elkhorn, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

We have many guests who return frequently. We value you & thank you for the kind words about the renovations.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Between Elkhorn and Williams Bay. Site is a little hard to see from the road; set- in facility. We loved the whirlpool in the room. Flavored coffee creamer and flavorings was a plus for morning coffee.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank D G

So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. The whirlpool rooms are a big hit. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 2, 2014

We stayed at this property as part of a convention booking. The staff were quite good and our room was up to proper standards, except for the annoying down lighting and lamps which are no help to man nor beast! There is a swimming pool which we dabbled in and while not at luxurious resort standards, was a pleasant diversion. There is a coin operated guest laundry which was helpful as we were travelling for several weeks rather than days.
My main gripe is the breakfast - scrambled eggs were just awful and many in our party wouldn't eat them after the first mouthful. I have seen worse breakfast offerings, but this buffet just doesn't dazzle and we ended up going out to a nearby diner for breakfast. It would take only a little more effort to make the breakfasts on offer to acceptable level. Having travelled to many international locations, you would only think this was a decent breakfast if you had not moved outside the US - I don't mean to be offensive but there's a whole world of good foods which just aren't commonly seen in USA.
I would choose to stay at another property if I return to Elkhorn, on the basis that the breakfast was not good enough and there are other alternatives available.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Thank You for your comments. It is always good to receive feedback. I'm sorry that your party didn't enjoy the breakfast. We do try to offer a variety that way if one item isn't to a guests taste they have other options.
It sounds like the rest of your stay was positive & We do hope to see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkhorn
Hampton Inn Elkhorn Lake Geneva Area
#1 of 7 in Delavan
Comfort Suites Lake Geneva
Comfort Suites Lake Geneva
#10 of 15 in Lake Geneva

Been to Americinn Lodge & Suites Elkhorn? Share your experiences!