“Unexpected!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I live in Southern Wisconsin and had never visited Holi Cannoli. It was an unexpected treat on a recent Saturday evening. The menu has a number of pasta choices and sauce choices as well as an assortment of thin crust pizzas. The pizza is advertised as being coal fired and well done. We were with another couple both couples tried the special beet salad on the menu as well as a pasta dish with seafood and also ordered a pizza. The pasta was perfectly cooked, the pizza was cracker thin and very good. We were all too full for dessert so decided to take a cannoli home to share later. It was wonderful meal.

1  Thank Barb A
There are newer reviews for Holi Cannoli

Reviewed April 25, 2013

This is a very good famiily owned Italian restaurant. One of the best appetizers is the calamari which is grilled and seasoned to perfection. There is something on the menu for everyone as you can pick your pasta and your sauce. The specials are always worth a try. I had the grilled Pesto Salmon and it was cooked to perfection. They also have a solid wine selection and the service is good. Make sure to find time to check out this local favorite!

2  Thank Jarvis R
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have driven by this unique, quaint looking establishment for a long time but never gone in...WHY NOT? I ask myself now?... What a gem!.. Family owned and operated, this simple but elegant Italian eatery was magnificent. Great menu and Specials but more than willing to build anything you want to eat but don't see, too. Semi-Rural WI is known for many things but great eateries are not as common as in the cities, so it makes it a trip to this one worth whatever time you have to spare to go. One caution though, know their hours of operation by calling because they are not typical, mostly evening only.

1  Thank BarbieKen_8_Here
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Family was getting together from three different cities and Elkhorn was in the middle. Very dark in the dining room so had trouble reading the menu even used a small flashlight. Not kid friendly. Food was good but a bit overpriced. Will pick somewhere elae next time if kids come along.

2  Thank RESwi
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband and I decided (sort of last minute) to eat here on Valentine's. We were very pleased with our entire experience. Being Valentine's, there was a special menu, but everything was excellent. Here is the low down:

Location: a bit out of the way (half way between Lake Geneva and Whitewater) on the north side of Elkhorn, but worth the drive.

Atmosphere: Great lighting--dim enough, but you could still read the menu comfortably, everything seemed clean and new in the main dining room, while keeping the bar and porch area more old style supper club-ish. Nice mix--you could feel the friendliness!

Service: Very attentive--turned out we knew one of the waiters and the owner came by to introduce herself.

Food: I had lobster stuffed homemade ravioli in Brandy cream sauce w/ summer squash and sundried tomatoes--rich, but not so much that you couldn't finish it! My husband had a stuffed chicken w/ cavallini (sp)--little pillows like gnochi, but made with ricotta--OMG! Also, they had the best house salad I have ever had--mixed field greens, red onion, garbonzo beans, yum!

Drinks: Did not look at a wine list, but had a nice oaky chard and my husband had a Peroni.

Price: Being Valentine's, I thought the price was reasonable--anywhere else and I think we would have payed much more for what we had. Two drinks each, free champagne toast, appetizer (giant shrimp cocktail), bread and marinara, salads, entres and a giant chocolate cover strawberry=$98.

We can't wait to go back again!

Been to Holi Cannoli? Share your experiences!