“Very nice (and expensive) experience”
Review of Aspira Spa

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Aspira Spa
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

I entered the Aspira having never been to a spa before, so I was a little apprehensive about what to expect. There are a lot of sevices that are offered, so it makes it really hard to choose what you might like. In the end, I just picked something and added a facial.

They give little direction as to what to wear or where to go or what you can use. I was taken into a very nice, yet open women's changing room. There were moments of anxiety as I didn't know what to wear under my robe. My confusion continued when I went into the womens lounge but saw that there was a co-ed whirlpool and sauna that I couldn't use because they are obviously bathing suit areas.

Samantha was the girl who gave me my massage and she was amazing, funny, and eased my stress by explaining everything the front desk didn't. The woman who gave me my facial was great too.

The services weren't cheap and neither were the products they used, which I guess is expected. An 18% gratuity is automatically added.

On a last note, when I asked the front desk to write down the products recommended, I was shocked that they used a piece of scrap paper with someones personal information, including credit card number, on it. When I brought it to their attention, I was told that "all information is blacked out and for office use only" - yes, it made no sense! Nice to know I am not a criminal.

I will come again next year but bring my two-piece and cash.

1  Thank BenjiTriptaker

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I could have stood in the shower for a whole day. 6 Kohler spouts melting away all my stress. My wife and I loved our full body couples massage. Professional, comfortable, and skilled. The locker room had it all including all miscellaneous items you can fathom. The only down sides were the robe and slippers, they could use an update.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I visited for couples massage as part of a "couples getaway" package offered on their website (about $585 for a night at the Osthoff resort, couples massage, and $125 dining credit).

The spa itself is large and beautiful with friendly staff. However one of the things I noticed was that the cushions in the co-ed relaxation/hot tub room were old and stained. There was definitely some opportunity for updating throughout the spa.

Our massage therapists asked prior to the massage if we had any "areas to avoid" in terms of the massage and the only thing I mentioned was that I prefer not to have my face massaged. They said okay and we began our service. My therapist seemed to use hurried sloppy strokes instead of a slow relaxing technique. Also sure enough, she began massaging my face during the service. I could have spoken up but it happened so fast that my face was already covered in massage oil. Not a huge deal but a little irritating. My husband said his technician did not seem hurried and he enjoyed his massage. Granted I have had many more professional massages than he so I might be a little more picky.

The worst part of the experience was that when we went to the receptionist to "check out" of the spa they had no idea that our massages were paid for as part of a couples package (seems like the resort could make note of this since I told them when I made the spa appointment). We spent a good 20 minutes at the reception area hashing out the details of the charges since they had no clue about the getaway package. That's pretty annoying after a relaxing massage.

I would not return because I've had much better experiences for the same amount of money at other resorts.

2  Thank TR794
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I had been at the Aspira spa 7 years ago and LOVED it. It is a beautiful facility with a lovely whirlpool lounge to relax in before or after treatments. This year I went again with a group of family members. It is still very much a beautiful spa, but I had a disappointing experience with my pedicure. It was, I may add, the most expensive pedicure I have ever gotten. The woman treating me was not very friendly - I tried to spark up conversation and only got one word answers. The massage chair was broken. The most disappointing part was the quality of the polish on my nails. It honestly looked terrible - my two year old could have done a better job. Two of the other women I was with also did not like the finished polish on their pedis or manis. It was pretty disappointing, and then I was told at check out that an 18% gratuity was automatically added on to my charge, which I don't think was deserved.

That aside, I also had an aromatic massage, which was phenomenal. The room was beautiful and warm. The chair adjusted mechanically which I have never seen before on a massage table. The technique and professionalism of my massage therapist, Jessica, was fantastic. At the beginning you also get to choose from 7 different aromas for the oil used. It was a great time of relaxation.

So in summary, this is a very nice spa, but I personally will skip nails next time.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Fantastic spa with great massage services! A great place to remove the stress of daily life and walk away feeling rejuvinated!! I had a shoulder problem when I arrived, gone when I left!!