“The Best Beach”

Sheboygan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“The Best Beach”
Reviewed July 5, 2008

I live about 20 miles away and very close to Lake Michigan, but I choose to drive out to Fireman's park in Elkhart Lake. I love being able to lay out on the grass area or the sand area. I love how clean the lake is and that it has a nice sandy bottom. It gradually gets deeper, and has a nice shallow area that is sectioned off- for young children. It is a big park, so even when it is busy, you can find places to put your towels and lay down. The water gets nice and warm earlier in the year than Lake Michigan so you can swim all summer. The park is very clean and has flushing toilets that are kept clean as well. Well worth the entrance fee.

10 Thank BarbShircel

A TripAdvisor Member
“Lovely Park/Beach”
Reviewed April 6, 2005

Very nice place to spend a relaxing afternoon. VERY CLEAN park. The lake is also very clean and clear. Everything seems to be kept up very nicely. Lots of activities to do within the park area. There is a small entrance fee, but well worth it.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
“The Beautiful Waters of Elkhart Lake!”
Reviewed June 13, 2002

My family and I annually go to Road America in Elkhart Lake for the Vintage Car Racing. It is my favorite weekend of the summer. My father and a friend of his spend most of the weekend at the racetrack, while my mother takes me and my little brother and sister to the Fireman's Park beach in Elkhart Lake. Anybody who goes to Elkhart Lake needs to go for a swim in the beautiful, clear lake, and it looks as though Fireman's Park is THE place to go. My 2-year old sister and 5-year old brother have a fun time building sand castles and playing in the water, while I like to bring a few friends from home and we either play on the volleyball courts or go paddleboating on the lake. Sometimes we have a picnic and use the grills to make hamburgers, or we'll just buy food from the concession stand.
Fireman's Park is a great place to spend the day, and it is so clean and beautiful. This is a must-see place if you are in the area.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member