“It was better in the past”

Three Guys and a Grill
Ranked #16 of 21 Restaurants in Elkhart Lake
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Seattle, WA
“It was better in the past”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have been coming to the restuarant at the Sheboygan Marsh since the 1950's, which includes the present Three Guys and Grill as well as many predecessor operations. The current manifestation is average in so many ways, which is a shame, because the Marsh had such an eclectic, fun and inexpensive past. The current restaurant occupies a structure that was built a few decades ago, relegating the old structure behind it for special use or private parties. The new lodge has some of the old decor, but is missing a lot of the animal heads that used to be there. The prices have gone up considerably over the years, as the Marsh now tries to be an upscale destination, which is kind of a joke really. The food is average in taste, typically slow in getting the order out to the table, and a little on the pricey side for what you are getting. As a result, I only come here very occasionally, because the value is no longer there, and the food is nothing special. The waitresses are usually novices and fairly poorly trained, which means you might get someone good, or you might not. I don't ever see the same waitresses twice if my return visit is a few months from the previous one. That should say something about the viability of the operation.

There used to be some interesting games, but now they have largely disappeared.

Sad.

The tower is a nice thing to climb after eating, and there is a camera on top that can be controlled by patrons at the bar. A little known fact may be that when the camera was first installed, various neighbors complained that the camera could be pointed at them, and so the movement/visibility of what you can see has been restricted to afford these people some privacy.

• Visited August 2012

Fond du Lac, WI
“Catering is better than the restaurant”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We had a roast whole pig dinner catered for our daughter's graduation. It was great, and prompted us to visit the restaurant for dinner. The food was only OK. The alligator appetizer was cool and tasty, but the seafood was frozen out of a box and the rest was mediocre. Cool interior and view, but I would consider it more of a appetizer or Beer/burger place versus serious dinner.

• Visited November 2012
Gurnee, Illinois
“Great view, okay food.”
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant is located in a camp ground on a marsh. When we came out the sun was setting. Gorgeous view. The service was quick, but the food was just okay. We did climb the 144 step marsh tower after eating. It was a good time, but I don't know if we would go back again when we are in the area again.

Kiel, Wisconsin
“Nothing Special”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Me and my family went to Three Guys and a Grill, hoping to get a superb meal. We heard good things about it. First of all, the wait was terrible, at least 45 mins. to an hour. once we were seated, we were served fast but was mediocre. My daughter's chicken tenders were burnt, and me and my husband's fish was average. the fries were terrible: lukewarm and and a strong oily taste. the staff was friendly and helpful though. Not a bad place, but it did not live up to my inital expectations.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Olivia J
Fond Du Lac, WI
“You Gotta try the Gator”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Located in Sheboygan County Marsh State Park, My family & I decided to give it a try. I looks nothing special from the outside but once inside you are welcomed to the family run restaurant. I ordered the alligator & it was absoluetly amazing. This place is the only restaurant that serves alligator in the whole of Wisconsin. The food is all cooked fresh straight from a grill. So for anyone visiting Road America this is the number one stop for food. Great all round service. No problems here.

• Visited September 2012