“Great Food and Great Fun!”
Review of Lake Street Cafe

Lake Street Cafe
Ranked #5 of 22 Restaurants in Elkhart Lake
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 4, 2014

My friend and I ran across this place during a spa weekend at The Osthoff. We decided to walk into town for dinner and saw the menu in the window. The prices were cheap so we decided to take a chance. We were so glad we did. It was busy so we sat at the bar and had a couple of drinks and an appetizer. The bartenders were very friendly. We ordered the Artichoke Spinach dip and it was seriously the best Artichoke Spinach dip I have EVER had in my life. The food was great, the service was great and the atmosphere was very fun. It is a short walk from all of the Elkhart Lake hotels. I highly recommend that you eat here!

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Read good reviews about this place and thought we would check it out during our vacation. Parked across the street and it looked more like a local bar and wondered how good it would really be and if it was visitor friendly. Once inside we were greeted by a friendly hostess who seated us. Katie was our waitress and was just super! Very helpful with menu suggestions and with local information and things to see during our visit. Had a buffalo pizza and a burger and both were excellent and not your standard fare. More like fine culinary food! Pizza was from a brick oven and so tasty. Thanks for suggesting Spotted Cow after asking my preferences! Now one of my favorite beers. :-) There was a decent crowd there during our visit and it seemed like they had plenty of help. Atmosphere was cool and friendly. Bathrooms clean. Certainly a highlight of our vacation. Thanks again Katie, would love to come out and see you again!

Reviewed May 3, 2014

We were in Elkhart Lake at Road America doing some testing and never before have we enjoyed such wonderful food near a race track! The servers were outstanding and fun, Amy and Sweet Melissa. The food was innovative, smartly presented, and very flavorful. The dessert menu was equally as good with a nice variety. The restaurant itself was a throwback to a Norman Rockwell painting and old Americana.

Lake Street Cafe is worth the trip even if you're not a racer. We''ll see you later this year.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Good food and rating would probably be higher but extremely disturbed that waitress kept asking my KIDS if they wanted refills on their sodas. The waitress should have mentioned that refills were NOT free. $12 for two kids drinking soda (with mostly ice) is ridiculous!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I was walking from the Osthoff and checking out the town. I am so pleased that I walked into this restaurant. The food was very good, nice atmosphere and great service. If I am ever in town again I will definitely return