“WOW!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Elkhart Lake
Minnesota
“WOW!”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We stayed for two nights to attend a friends wedding and everything was AMAZING!!! I am VERY picky and this hotel is immaculate! I went to the spa and it was unreal. They are so professional and think of every detail. The food was equally amazing. The views and the whole resort is perfect. It was a perfect romantic getaway with my husband. Thanks Osthoff!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Chicago, United States
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I had always heard about the Jazz on the Vine at the Osthoff Resort, but I had the pleasure of going this Mother's Day Weekend 2014. OMG!!! What a good time. We had a ball and the weather was great (thanks to GOD). Will go back next year. The service, food, amenities are great. FYI, get there early because everyone comes to the Osthoff for Jazzing on the Vine. C U next year... MJ

Room Tip: It appears that all the rooms are good, but if possible get lakeside, the view is spectular
1 Thank Mable (Mj) L
Sparta
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Stayed at the Osthoff Resort for a convention. They did an outstanding job. The food provided for our convention was very good. My room, a 3 bedroom suite was perfect. I felt like a queen in my king sized bed surrounded by all the soft comfy pillows. Was impressed with all the individual seating areas scattered around the facility. Many fireplaces to relax by. Great view of the lake. Staff was friendly and helpful. I would definately recommend this resort and would return again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank thatwoman60
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We were only able to stay one night, and left wishing we had at least a couple more days to explore this amazing location....both on the resort, and in town. We really enjoyed the Elk Room and the great deck overlooking the lake....perfect for drinks at sunset. And our one bedroom suite (although we didn't spend too much time in it!) was roomy, clean, comfortable, and well appointed. This location truly is a hidden treasure waiting to be discovered! Great for families, couples, girls trips, events or even a personal escape. We will be back!

1 Thank Terri R
Mokena, Illinois
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We loved our couples weekend at the Osthoff. We spent time at the spa, took a cooking class and also signed up for a private yoga session and loved everything. The cooking class was fun, hands on and we learned a lot and met some fantastic people. The spa was super relaxing!! We also took a hike around the scenic lake (about a mile but there are other longer trails) one afternoon. Lots to do there. Quaint town and my husband was excited to find Schlitz beer on tap nearby at the Lake Street Cafe. Every single person working there was kind and helpful, and provided great service! We would go back in a heartbeat. While we went with another couple, I can easily see going back with a bunch of girlfriends for a girls weekend, or taking the family for a long weekend. Definintely a high quality place.

Room Tip: They have a lot of floor plans so depending on your needs, I would recommend checking them out on-li...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Stayed here while testing at Road America. We had been told the Osthoff was a "nice place", after staying with them I would call that an understatement. A picturesque resort set directly on Elkhart Lake, the room I stayed in was more like a small apartment with a kitchen, 2 BR, 2 Bathroom, fireplace, nice living room. The hotel was friendly, clean, and welcoming.

This one's a keeper, we'll be back.

Room Tip: All rooms were nice.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I stayed in a very comfortable one bedroom suite - the bed was so comfortable and the pillows were like heaven. It had all of the comforts of home. I didn't expect to have a complete kitchen with full size appliances and every necessity. The living room had a wonderful fireplace and comfy sofa.
Everyone was very welcoming and friendly. The grounds are beautiful.
I was there for a work event, but will definitely go back for pleasure.
I would have given it a 5, but I was on the ground floor, which is not my preference.

Room Tip: Next time I'd get a suite on a higher floor and request a lake view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
52 Stafford
#4 of 5 in Plymouth
Baymont Inn & Suites Plymouth
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sheboygan
Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)

Been to The Osthoff Resort? Share your experiences!