“Great getaway for those nearby”
Review of The Osthoff Resort

The Osthoff Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Elkhart Lake
Waunakee, Wisconsin
“Great getaway for those nearby”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I really enjoy visiting here. I've been two times in the past few years. I have to wait for deals as it is a bit pricy, but a great and relaxing getaway near enough to where I live with an upscale feel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
Libertyville, Illinois
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed at the Osthoff Resort in early January for a couples retreat. We had a 2 bedroom suite that was comfortable and well appointed. It being the middle of winter in Wisconsin, there was not a lot in the way of activities, outside of the spa, which was ok, as we were looking for a relaxing weekend after the holidays (though there is a cooking school on the property that we would have been interested in if it was open). The common areas were all very clean and orderly. The one knock I would have against this resort is that Otto's, the casual restaurant, was not very impressive. This is the main option (outside of the more formal Lola's) available on property and it is more like a small banquet room that has been turned into an eating area. The food was ok (mostly pub-type fare and breakfast/brunch) but the atmosphere is seriously lacking.

Germantown, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was our third year staying at the Osthoff for our annual chick trip and we will be back again next year. The spa is OUTSTANDING. We generally never leave the hotel from arrival on Friday to departure on Sunday.

This year we did have some trouble with the reservation but our concerns were promptly and courteously addressed and all 7 of us were completely satisfied with the outcome.

I would highly recommend the Osthoff for your chick trip. Total relaxation!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
South Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed January 23, 2013

A wedding here on New Years Eve a perfect match.
The sunsets over the water gorgeous.
Accomodations well done & such beautiful history here.
Next trip up would be to enjoy that gorgeous spa!
Thank You!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 14, 2013

BEAUTIFUL resort. I had heard of the Osthoff in the past but never had the opportunity to stay here; this was my first time. We travel a few times a year and I usually upgrade my room styles to be comfortable. The room and the resorts conditions through out the building were probably the best I've ever experienced. The room size was PERFECT. I felt like I was on vacation... which is important to me when I'm on vacation. I didn't feel crammed into a small room. I could spread out and relax. I forgot a cork opener and to my suprise... found one stocked in the room. I have to admit... I watched the Packer game while here. shh... don't tell anyone. but... the TV was a beautiful display and the furniture in the room was comfortable. My wife loved the tub. We left the next day knowing we made the right decision. We ate at Lola's and we thought the food was well prepared and presented nicely. The ease of getting the $20 discount on the meal due to the bed and breakfast package we chose was nice. We didn't have to remind them at the front desk... they had already applied the discount when we went to check out. VERY SIMPLE. Good Job... Our stay was short, one night only... but we're going to come back.

Room Tip: the one bedroom suite was BEAUTIFUL..
Ingleside, Illinois
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We have been coming up to the Osthoff for the last few years during the winter. This year we stayed two days and choose the modest upgrade on the room. The room was outstanding with a lake view, king size bed, large upgraded bathroom with marble tub and shower. The deal from Travel Zoo included $20 each day for food or drinks. We choose the breakfast at Otto's each day. I loved the hot tub after cross country skiing and using the library for reading at night. We also enjoyed having true HD TV so I could watch the Alabama-Notre Dame game. We will return.

Room Tip: Lake side may cost a little more but well worth it.
Arlington Heights, Illinois
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This was our third visit to the Osthoff and we will definitely be back. We especially love Lola's restaurant. We have looked forward to eating there every time. The food is delicious and this has become one of our favorite restaurants.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
#3 of 5 in Plymouth
Harbor Winds
Harbor Winds
#6 of 11 in Sheboygan

Been to The Osthoff Resort? Share your experiences!