“YES; you will enjoy yourself if you go here!”
Review of The Osthoff Resort

The Osthoff Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Elkhart Lake
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
“YES; you will enjoy yourself if you go here!”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Not new, but beautifully maintained. Lovely lounge, good food in the restaurants: we had a banquet meal that was equally well prepared. Valet parking when the lot is full is a MUST...you will be ticketed if you park on the street. We had a corner 2 bedroom, 2 bedroom enormous condo facing the lake...too bad it wasn't summer! Since I was there for a women's retreat, it didn't matter, though. Nice flat screen TVs. Outstanding spa. OK work-out room. I went to a wine tasting sponsored by the resort...it was OK; almost grocery store wines, and not much background information.. but I did feel I got my money's worth. I would definitely recommend tthe Osthoff. I wish it was part of Interval International's exchange..

Room Tip: Ask for a corner suite that faces the lake; be prepared for a hefty pricetag, but I think it is wort...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 11, 2012

The two-bedroom, two-bath suites are just over $200 and a great value. The resort has an excellent, on-site spa called Aspira. Indoor and outdoor pools, arcade, cooking classes, restaurants, a little bit of everything really. Great for a romantic weekend, family getaway, girls' weekend, etc.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 4, 2012

My husband & I just returned from a very relaxing weekend at the Osthoff. My husband booked the "Winter Retreat" pkg for my Birthday. We had a snow storm the first night but it was very warm & cozy sitting by the fire watching the winter wonderland develope outside. The staff was friendly & helpful. There was aBig Band Gala going on while we were there & it looked like so much fun we may attend the next one! Over all a beautiful resort to be at in the winter, must be even more fun in the summer! We will be returning!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
chicago, il
Reviewed February 27, 2012

A girlfriend and I booked a Northern Italian cooking class on a Saturday at the L'ecole de la Maison cooking school which is housed in the hotel. We decided to go Friday afternoon and spend one overnight at the Osthoff. Neither of us had been to Elkhart Lake before.
We found the hotel and the staff to exceed our expectations. The front desk person offered us a free shuttle ride to and from the dinner we were going to that night in town upon check-in. The hotel itself is very clean and the 2 bedroom suite we booked was HUGE. We did find the layout of the hotel a little confusing - long corridors to reach everything, but again all the spaces were well maintained.
We checked out the spa, but did not have any time to do treatments, though it looked quite nice. We had a drink at the bar before going out to dinner and the bartender, Jane, was very friendly and informative. She shared lots of insight about the area, things to do, etc.
The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The bathroom as well as the common area of our suite was very spacious and nicely appointed.
We attended the cooking class from 9 a.m. - 1:30 the following day. It is in the basement of the hotel, and has all the state of the art appliances. There were 10 of us in the class, which is the capacity. The instructor was knowledgable, the ingredients very fresh and there was plenty of opportunity for hands on cooking. The drawback that was voiced amongst all of the participants, though, was that the recipes were WAY too complicated and time consuming for any of us to repeat. It was a fun way to spend the day, we ate what we cooked and there was staff on hand to do all the cleanup as we worked and then ate. There was wine served when we sat to eat, which was nice and we left with all of the recipes.
I would say the 2 things I wish were different about the experience would be to have less complex recipes (the dessert alone took nearly 2 hours to make) and move the class to the afternoon. It was SO much food to eat mid-day. There were 5 courses, which I think works better as an evening meal.
That said, it was a great experience and I would return.

Room Tip: We had connecting rooms, which created a VERY spacious 2 bedroom suite. I would ask to be centrally...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank lizrogatz
Milwaukee, WIscons
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I've been to the Osthoff on several occasions but had never spent any time in the spa. I went with a girlfriend for the weekend. The spa was fantastic. I spent time in the hot tub, lounging on a chair by the pool, in the quite reflection room and enjoyed a massage & facial. Needless to say I spent several hours and I enjoyed every minute of it. When the times come, I will return in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: A view of the lake with a balcony was superb
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Naperville
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This is the 4th time we have visited the resort for a long weekend. The service, the rooms, the food, and the experience have always been first rate. I would highly recomend the Osthoff for just a weekend or a weeklong vacation.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Ingleside, Illinois
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This is our up-teenth time at the Osthoff Resort. We usually go up here in the Winter to cross-country ski. No skiing this year but we still had a great time. We were able to get a really good deal thru a Groupon. This time they upgraded us to a lake view. It was warm enough to walk into town for dinner. We will return, the Osthoff is one our favorite destinations.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
52 Stafford
#4 of 5 in Plymouth
Baymont Inn & Suites Plymouth
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sheboygan
Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)

Been to The Osthoff Resort? Share your experiences!