Jay Lee Inn
$95
Orbitz.com
The Osthoff Resort(Elkhart Lake)(Great Value!)
$225
QualityInn
$170
$307
Hotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 4, 2013

In a word, great! The great innkeepers at the Jay Lee Inn were two of the finest most personable hosts we've ever met in nearly 20 years of staying in B & B". First off, with a major snowstorm putting a crimp in our original travel plans, Monica from the Jay Lee took the initiative to call us to see if we would like to change our arrival date. She literally had read our minds and our plans were changed just like that! Monica's easy going style had us feeling right at home from the get go, Her breakfasts were another treat for sure! We didn't meet co owner Leo until our final mornings breakfast, but he was equally personable. Monica's dinner recommendations were spot on as well as her other advice for exploring the Elkhart Lake area. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steven C
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Never having stayed at a B&B, I had no idea what to expect. Actually, I had a preconcieved notion that my fellow guests would be an uptight bunch of tea totallers. WRONG! The place was full of fun interesting people and the home was a beautifully restored mansion. The owners, Leo and Monica are two of the nicest people you will ever meet and the breakfast was increadible. The location is great, walking distance to the tiki bars on the lake which feature live music on the weekends. After returning home, there was a letter in our mailbox on Jay Lee stationary containing my wifes drivers licence which had gone mia at some point during our stay. I'm a little afraid to try a different B&B, the Jay Lee set the bar so high I can only be disappointed. Great experience, four thumbs up.

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the house
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jpuf59
Reviewed October 17, 2011

This was my third stay at the Jay Lee Inn in Elkhart Lake, WI and I felt like I was coming back to visit family. When I arrived at the Inn I was welcomed by friendly barks of the 2 four legged friends that occupy the residence with the two legged owners, Monica and Leo. Balou and Button, both boxers, are not let out of the owner’s private residence except at the request of the guests. I love to visit with them and they have excellent manners.
I made my way up to my room, Jennifer. This bright and welcoming room makes me feel like I am coming back to my old bedroom. Two very comfortable double beds covered by beautiful quilts and its location on the south side of the house gets wonderful sunlight. It has its own bathroom with modern amenities but with period appropriate fixtures from Kohler, of course. The furniture in the room is beautiful but not stuffy and you do not have to fear that you cannot use the armoire or the tables and chairs. They all function and just help to add to the enjoyment of the stay. While nosing around I opened the little secretary desk and discovered a small pair of binoculars placed in one of the cubby holes. It is just one of the small touches that make it so special to stay here.
Always accommodating, the owners go above and beyond to make your stay pure pleasure. I always need to leave the Inn at a very early hour. Monica always gets up to make me breakfast that is delicious. Yogurt with fresh berries, homemade bakery, eggs and bacon, egg, ham and cheese croissant, quiche, fresh coffee, orange juice, cranberry juice, tea and the list goes on. These are just a few of the menu items for breakfast that I have had! Since it is fall now and dark in the early morning the dining room table always is lit by the warm glow of the candle sticks, inviting you to come and sit and enjoy the delicious breakfast.
The whole house is always dressed to match the season and there are many things to explore throughout the first floor which has 3 sitting rooms, dining room and a small bathroom.
The location of the Inn is prime. Across the street is the public beach so in the summer it is perfect for swimming. At the end of the block is the 27 hole golf course, Quit Qui Oc. On Saturday in the summers the open air farmers market, located 4 blocks to the north, is a must visit spot. When blueberries are in season, stop by the Michigan blueberry farmer for a special treat. These berries are the biggest sweetest blueberries I’ve had. If you enjoy racing, the Road America race track is a quick 5 minute drive. And downtown is a quick 2 block walk along the lake to the north. This downtown has some wonderful restaurants and shops that help to make your stay interesting. If you are into bicycling the Old Plank Road Trail is not far away.
So with all that said I guess that another visit to my extended family at the lake is in order! Maybe during the Old World Christmas Market held on the Osthoff grounds….. The cost of a room at the Inn is amazing. Cheaper than most of the cookie cutter hotels in the nearby area that state they are a discount hotel chain.
The website for the Jay Lee Inn is located at www.jayleeinn.com

Room Tip: Rooms are configured to accomodate different needs. Some with one bed and some with two. If you are traveling with family that need seperate rooms consider renting the whole third floor which has two bedrooms and a shared bathroom.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2010

We travel a lot, and stay in a lot of B & B's, but this one is something special!

Just five minutes from Road America, and an easy walk to Elkhart Lake's shops and great restaurants, this place has everything you look for in a great B & B.

Friendly, helpful hosts, beautiful guestrooms, fabulous breakfasts, and an old fashioned front porch for reading, relaxing, and watching the sun set over the lake with a glass of wine.

We started going here just for race weekends, but now also go for relaxing mid-week visits.

Love it!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank epBoxer
Reviewed August 19, 2009

Have been to numerous B & B's and this is a special one indeed. Was actually drawn to spend many hours exploring and enjoying the rooms, especially the fabulous porch, which feels like another room, just outdoors. Loved the exposed wood, tastefull choice of colors, patterns and textures; it's a good restoration, well conceived and executed. Great location, quieter than right in town, but still near everything. My room was fine, well equipped, with a comfortable bed. and nice amenities. Enjoyed Monica's breakfasts, everything homemade with fun surprises daily, that wonderful Alterra coffee and served in a lovely setting on fine old fashioned tableware, to candlelight, no less; try finding that kind of joie de vivre anywhere, these days, priceless. Both welcoming committee members, two legged and four were quite hospitable and easygoing as well. I was instantly at home. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo